It started by waking up at 8:30am and spending a little while with my roommate before he left for work. Then it was a shower, and breakfast with my good friend David. We ate at a little place up Parley's Canyon called The No Worries Cafe & Grille. They had really great food! Then David and I wandered around the Outlets in Park City before returning to my apartment.
David has been seeing a personal trainer and is worried that since he's met his goals she's not going to be working with him as much anymore, so we decided to start encouraging each other. We each made three goals, an then weighed in and wrote it down. I have to say-not good, my friends, not good. I weigh ten pounds heavier than my (previous) ever before highest weight! It was eye-opening, but it also encouraged me to get up and do something about it. We tried to keep our goals simple for the first week.
My goals this week:
- NO SODA!
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Take my vitamins every day.
Then, after checking my email and saying goodbye to David, I ventured to South Jordan to visit my grandmother. She's officially out of the rehabilitation facility (for having had brain surgery the end of december) as of today, and she seems to be doing a lot better. She's still not quite herself, but they say she still has a lot of work to do on it.
Then I stopped by home for a quick bite, and headed to Syracuse (an hour the other direction) for Jaxson's first birthday party. Jax is Heather's baby, and I've grown really close with their family so I was happy to be invited to such an event.
After the party I stopped off at Kristina's to say hello and have dinner with them. The funny thing is, I had been listening to my French lessons in the car for all of that driving, and she made French food! She made Coq Au Vin (Chicken in wine sauce) and Creme Brulee. The entire meal was amazing, but I have to say her Creme Brulee was probably the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. It was amazing, and I have to learn how to make it!
On the way home I kept thinking about how I'd dreaded the laundry list of things to do for the day, and how it had all turned out. I was happy despite what the scale said and some of the money issues I'd been facing. Life is beautiful, and all of these people who I sometimes feel are demanding too much of my time are the people who make it worth living. I'm eternally grateful for their love, support, and having them in my life.
Things I learned yesterday:
- I love my weekly breakfast ritual with David.
- Park City is really beautiful all covered in snow.
- The No Worries Cafe and Grille has amazing food!
- I still can't afford name brands even at the Outlet Malls.
- My grandmother may never be the same, but at least she's still here.
- I love the French language, and want to learn more.
- I need to make some changes in my life as to budgeting and my health.
- Mother's cry on their babies first birthdays.
- Creme Brulee is pretty much the most amazing food ever.
- I have friends who truly love me and make life worth living!
I love that you have such wonderful friends! Wishing you luck with all of your changes. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! I was goign to tell you I subscribed ASAP, but then I got hooked reading all the posts that showed up in my reader. mmmm, I love me finding good blogs! Thanks for helping me be able to follow you regularly!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the pop thing, I should join you in that. It is such a hard thing to do!
ReplyDeleteThough you write about your daily life, all your posts are such a pleasant read. And, you write different things every day! That's what amazes me. This one here is wonderful. :-) It put a smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK accomplishing your goals :D
ReplyDeletethose seem like pretty simple goals, yet i can't do them for the life of me! i try the water and vitamins thing every day and it never happens. as for soda, don't ever drink the stuff.
ReplyDeletethat photo at the end is beautiful.
and i'm jealous of your creme brulee!
Great goals, better to start off small. Sounds like a wonderful day you had. Stopping by from SITS to say hello and Happy Saturday Sharefest!
ReplyDelete