For my first actual weekend since the year started, I made it down to The Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. We made it kind of late, but we had fun making a day of it by going to Ikea first for lunch and wandering. It happened to be just Josh, Chas and me, but it was still a lot of fun!
Here are some pictures!
I'm squinty because of the wind and sun, and I didn't get as much color as some people, but it was still a lot of fun.
Josh and Chas
The three of us.
For the record, Chas hates his picture taken.
At least purple is his favorite color.
And finally...
You know you're in hick country when...
Wow! Looks like lots of fun, and I believe I could probably find one of those signs around here. LOL.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun. I love the llamas...
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely FABULOUS darling! I wish I could have been there. :{
ReplyDeleteWha...? There's a whole festival that consists of getting pummeled with paint? Looks awesome...and messy, but mostly awesome!
ReplyDeletethat looks like it was fun! :D
ReplyDeleteand I do love llamas
Now that would be a heck of an experience! Fun!
ReplyDeletehow fun! i'm totally jealous :)
ReplyDelete...wow. i think you're one of the most pretty-lookin'-lady-in-messy-paints i've ever seen in my life...haha... that's so fun surely you did really a lot of fun... Cheers!!!:)
ReplyDeleteGood day!!!:)
God Bless!!!:)
>Kelvin
Wow! We are just like kids on days like these:)
ReplyDeleteOK, so this seems like an AMAZING thing. WHY isn't there something like this in my country?!!! *sighs*. And, hah, your photos are awesome :)
ReplyDeleteOh come on! This is not done. :-( You haven't played Holi at all! You still look pretty neat. You must look like a mess and must be heavily drunk ("Bhaang" is a traditional alcoholic drink that is served during this occasion to revellers) at the end of it all. May be next time. ;-)
ReplyDeleteVittaldas: LOL! They don't have alcohol at this festival, in fact I'm pretty sure it's not allowed on the premises. :P Though it would certainly be more fun if it were!
ReplyDeleteIn that case, perhaps you must visit India during this wonderful festival. :-D
ReplyDeleteThat would be so completely awesome!
ReplyDelete