Dear Utah Weather,
You just stay rain and don't turn to snow, and we wont have any problems. Capiche?
I'm so done with snow!
Dear Work,
Please let me know whether or not you're going to hire me. I'm a loyal employee, and I'd really like to stay, as I do a really good job here. However the season is quickly winding down, and with only 3 short weeks until Tax Season ends, I'm starting to get nervous. Do I start actively looking for something else? Or do I hang on in hopes that you'll keep me on this time?
Please let me know soon!
Dear Coworkers Playing Brackets,
I really don't know anything about sports or basketball, so wouldn't it be kind of silly for me to pick teams and try to play long in this whole March Madness thing?
Just sayin'...
Dear Readers,
Please understand that the following letters are not really about the Health Care Bill, though they are related. I'm not talking about support or not supporting, agreeing or not agreeing, but just the actions of some of the extremists out there. I do not want to start a political debate, I am sick-to-death of discussing this. I just want to express my frustration with certain citizens who are choosing to act like fools.
Thanks for all you do, and I'm so glad to have you all here with me! Much love!
I love you guys!
Dear Tea-Baggers (and other extremists)
First off, I'd like to start by saying that I am so completely sick and tired of hearing about Health Care Reform. I honestly can't say one way or another if this is the right thing, but guess what? It passed, so let's move on.
Second, I cannot believe that you are acting like a bunch of immature little assholes. You didn't get your way so you're throwing a huge temper-tantrum that is getting severely out of hand. If you were a child, and I was your mother, I'd bend you over my knee and give you a good paddling! Yes, you have a right to disagree, but you DO NOT have the right to cut the gas line to someone's house or threaten to kill their children with sniper rifles just because you disagree with the way they voted. This is America, and THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE THAT WAY just as you have the right to vote the way you did.
I'd just like to point out to you, that YOU ARE ACTING LIKE TERRORISTS, and in my opinion I hope you are tried as such.
There's an adult and legal way to go about this, but it's apparently slipped your mind. Grow up, and start living by the laws that you voted for (you know, the ones that say you can't vandalize or murder people) and stop being complete and utter fucktards!
This has to stop.
Dear Sarah Palin,
I think you're a total moron, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. You have pictures of Democratic politicians with their faces in the cross hairs of a scope on your Facebook page? Not to mention you're then giving out their addresses?
HOW CAN YOU CONDONE THIS KIND OF ACTION? When someone gets killed, their blood is on your hands. I don't care whether you pull the trigger or not, you are responsible. You are encouraging some half-cocked individuals to go out and do what you are showing them publicly, and you are being stupid and imature.
The world would be better off without you.
Dear Conservative Talk Show Hosts
(Sean Hannity in particular)
So you are trying to justify the way members of your part are acting by saying that the Democrats shouldn't be "whining" about the death threats they're receiving? What. The. Hell.
You shouldn't be justifying it! You should be encouraging your fellow Americans to act with reason and logic. By excusing their behavior, you're just as much at fault.
Grow up, and stop acting like this is acceptable behavior!
So you are trying to justify the way members of your part are acting by saying that the Democrats shouldn't be "whining" about the death threats they're receiving? What. The. Hell.
You shouldn't be justifying it! You should be encouraging your fellow Americans to act with reason and logic. By excusing their behavior, you're just as much at fault.
Grow up, and stop acting like this is acceptable behavior!
LOL! That was awesome. Stopping by from the Friday follow!
ReplyDeleteloved it. i m not an American, but i hate Ms. Palin. She gives ppl reasons to mock women and undermine our potentials.
ReplyDeleteand yeah, its so damn hot here, i wish u cud send us some snow :D
I am so sick of the weather! I am ready and in desperate need of some constant sunshine in my life!
ReplyDeleteHope you hear news from your work soon! :)
ReplyDeleteI am sick of snow!!! I couldn't agree with you more, it is time for people to GROW UP!!!
ReplyDeleteA-frikkin-men. I hate how whenever you mention the INSANE behavior people just jump on the bill. I really don't care WHAT the bill was, that doesn't give you the right to THREATEN SOMEONE'S FAMILY.
ReplyDeleteI know someone who said, "I was taught that all actions have consequences. They should have thought of the consequences when they voted on the bill." I'm sorry, but your children's lives being threatened is not a "consequence."
Ugh. Thank you for this. And I'll hope for no snow :-)
Ugh, don't say the word snow! I hope I never see any again. lol
ReplyDeleteI hope you hear news from your work soon.
Stopping by from Follow Me Friday.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with your stance on health care reform. Bravo!!
Come by and visit :)
Pardon my french here but...
ReplyDeleteThose were fan-fucking-tastic letters!
Amen sister.
SO LOVING YOU RIGHT NOW!
Those letters were great.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the work thing goes, I would start looking-just in case.
What gives you the right to call someone an asshole? This post also shows that you are acting like a child yourself.
ReplyDeleteBut if the bill didn't pass, I'm sure all dems would be whining and getting just as crazy as some Republicans.
Just sayin'
Holly, I'm not saying that they are assholes because they disapprove of the bill, If you'll read the letter before saying that this is not about the bill. THIS IS SPECIFICALLY AIMED AT THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE THREATENING THE CHILDREN OF POLITICIANS WHO VOTED FOR IT, AND WHO ARE CUTTING GAS LINES TO HOUSES. Any sane logical person would agree that that makes them immature and childish.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry, I have respected and enjoyed talking to you, but if you condone or excuse that kind of activity, you're just as bad.
THIS POST HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PASSING OR SUPPORTING OF THE HEALTH CARE BILL. I CLEARLY STATED THAT.
And if the bill hadn't passed and the Democrats were acting the same way I WOULD BE SAYING THE SAME THING TO THEM.
I'm neither Dem or Republican, and I take neither side. You're misreading what was clearly stated and trying to start a fight over it.
Everyone else, thanks for reading and I'm glad you're here with me! :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic letters. I agree with every one of your 'political' letters. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletebest part? sarah palin is getting her own reality show soon. gag me with a spoon.
ReplyDeleteIt's called freedom of speech. THAT'S what gives you the right to call someone an asshole. And a fuckturd. Maybe Mz. Southern Heart needs to put away the gray and remember who won that war.
ReplyDeleteAnd quit whining about what a fellow American voiced on their own freaking blog; because THAT isn't up for a vote.
And fuckturd is a word that makes me laugh, and laughter is good in this economy.
Grew up in Utah; you can keep the snow. Uck.
I like yer style Miss Angie, so I'm a gunna follow you.
New Friday Follower and fuckturd fan.
Hello from your swap buddy!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood Dear So & So's, Miss Angie. I'd say it's been funny to watch how all this has played out from the outside (of America), but really it's just scary. We've had health care in Canada since the 60's and yet we've still managed to stay one of the wealthiest countries in the world and not become devil worshipers or baby eaters or whatever the hell the opposition to this is afraid of.
ReplyDeleteNice! I'm your newest follower from FF! Looking forward to reading more about you! Feel free to stop by my blog at babyinthebigcity.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteFollows are appreciated! Have a great weekend!
Lindsey
I agree completely.. I'm not in complete agreeement with the health-care bill, but it passed and the Teabaggers need to quit their whining. Threats and intimidation tactics only hurt individuals without accomplishing anything good. I am glad to have found you through Friday Follow (following on Twitter too).
ReplyDeleteI agree completely.
ReplyDeleteIt was voted on and it won.
OK Move on then
I am sure republicans get things passed that democrats don't like.
God is in control.
Perfect post!
If I have ONE MORE FRIEND on facebook do a post about how they HATE democrats I am going to freak out. What is the big deal!
I just LOVE these Dear so & so posts.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree that there have been some serious line crossings going on in the political arena. It's sad that people can't discuss things in a reasonable and mature manner. The only comment I would have is that it's a shame that all the Tea Baggers get lumped into the same pool as the idiots who are making threats and behaving in such a despicable manner. There are people who have a legitimate and reasonable argument but their voice is being lost thanks to the stunts being pulled by a few.
ReplyDeleteThe American media is a whole other post. I should have included them in my Dear So and So letter. The conservatives talk shows don't have a monopoly on encouraging bad behavior and ridiculing the viewpoints of the other side. Both are equally at fault.
That being said, I hear you on the weather! We came off a lovely week and now it is just raining, raining, raining. I can handle some rain but if it starts snowing again I think I will cry. lol
Goodness me! Would you look at the number of comments here! That's nice. :-)
ReplyDelete*Sigh* Snow and rain! How I wish I could see it some day. Wise men have said, "You don't understand the true value of something until you lose it." Head on over here and you would wish it snowed. ;-)