8.09.2013

Going Back to School & Handmade College Supplies

As most of you know, I've been talking about going back to school for years now.  You see, I tried going to college when I was 19 or 20 and failed horribly.  Mostly I believe it was because I was working 60 hour work weeks at minimum wage and also trying to take 12-16 credit hours... About half way through the school year the stress of all of that hit me really hard and I just gave up on school and stopped going.  A year or two later I decided to try again, still working 60 hour weeks but only limiting myself to 12 credit hours and no more; same result.  Leaving myself with thousands of dollars in student loan debt and nothing to show for it. The fear of failing again has kept me from applying to school.  I worry about failing again, or how long it's going to take to get a degree going to school part-time and working full-time, or the costs... etc.

On a whim last week I decided that enough is enough.  I can't believe I've been working for a company for over 3 years now that will reimburse my tuition if I go and have not been taking advantage of that.  I applied at the local community college for Fall 2013 semester (which starts in just over 2 weeks!) and filled out a FAFSA.  It was done.  I was accepted.  I had Orientation last night, and after that a placement test, and registering for classes.  Most of them are full, so I guess I'll just be taking what I can get into this Semester.

So in the spirit of Back-to-School Shopping, which was always so fun as a kid, here are a few items I think will make life easier for going back to school and which are really cute & fun!

Going Back to School & Handmade College Supplies

1 // I am in big-time love with this Dark Teal Canvas Double Strap Bag.  It looks like the perfect bag to work as a school bag and purse (so I don't have to carry both) and it looks like it'll fit any books I may need plus my laptop and other supplies!  My only concern is that it's made in Malaysia, but her feedback is really good-I'm just not sure when it'll get here if I order it!

2 // Isn't this pink elephants zippered pencil case just adorable?  Such a cute pattern!

3 // This little pear notebook looks fashionable and practical!

4 // If I'm going to be putting my laptop in a bag, it needs a sleeve! This handmade padded Macbook Pro sleeve with pockets looks perfect! This pattern is alarm clocks, but I might like her others more.

5 // I LOVE the messages on this 6 pack of pencils.  The creator also has a bunch of really different colors and and sayings, as well as fan-girl pencils for Mean Girls, Gossip Girl, Sherlock, Big Bang, and more!  It's fantastic!

6 // Organization is key to surviving College, and these Take Action Notepads not only inspire you to make things happen, but have little checklists on them to keep your to-do lists together! Love!

7 // So I completely adore my Plum Paper Planner (as seen HERE) and think it would be perfect for staying organized during school.  This is the one I have, but with my name instead.

8 // Again with the organizational loves here-this 18 Month Wall Calendar seems so clean-cut!

9 // For those days when it all seems so hard, a little inspiration hanging on the wall can help remind you what you're fighting for, and this Get Up and Try Print would do the trick I think!

10 // Shabby Chic Union Jack Laptop Sleeve?  Adorable!

11 // I love these little library card notebooks!  They seem perfect for carrying around!

12 // This Tree-Rings Duffle Bag is practical, and very cool looking!  Perfectly unisex!

Linking up with:
Loving Lately

xoxo Miss Angie

13 comments:

  1. Nice picks!! I actually bought a duffle bag from medium control a few years ago for my boyfriend. He uses it all the time when he travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your fun back to school picks makes me want to go back to college! I love what you chose :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck going back to college! Love all the handmade supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep reading about Plum Paper Planners - I need to check those out! Thanks for sharing all these awesome etsy finds!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice choices and good for you for going back to school

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love all of your different picks - everything just seems so perfect!

    Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at school! I just graduated last year with a Bachelor's Degree, after going to school off and on while trying to work full time as well. It took me about ten years! But no matter how long it takes you, eventually it will get done, and then you'll feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The library card notebooks are so very cute! Good luck with school!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute list! I really like the pencils and all the notebooks.

    So, so proud of you for enrolling yourself for college. It's such a brave step.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...to ALL of it. Especially 1 and 10.
    Good for you for going back. I worked at a company that reimbursed when I started...and I never took advantage, because I failed so horribly the first time I tried. They had dropped the program by the time I worked up the nerve. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always get excited this time of year for back to school things, even if I'm not actually going lol!! Pretty finds and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for you! Going back to school is a really big deal and I know this time you are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for going back to school! I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.