8.19.2013

On We Go {Musical Mondays & Giveaway}

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway sponsored by wonderful people!  August is sponsored by Chantilly of Chantilly Songs, who is giving away a copy of her EP Up to the Moon.  Make sure to come back later this month as I introduce her to you and share some of her music-which I LOVE!

 This week's song:
On We Go
by Nancy McCallion
Album: Women of the World Celtic

Women of the World Celtic
On We Go - Nancy McCallion (Of The Mollys) by Putumayo on Grooveshark

There was an old woman and there was an old man
They lived upon the high road
He once sat as a jockey for his pay
And she was her mother's darlin', oh

And on we go and on we go
Can you recall the day we married oh?
And on we go and on we go
Wouldn't you be frightened to die alone?
Come a little closer to me darlin', oh

Come with me ye silly old man
Cozy as a codfish, oh
I've never seen anyone sour as you
At least not after breakfast, oh
She grabbed the old man by the hand
She led him 'cross the moonlit night
She took him to the public house
And filled him full of whiskey, oh

And on we go and on we go
Can you recall the day we married oh?
And on we go and on we go
Wouldn't you be frightened to die alone?
Come a little closer to me darlin', oh

And on the way back home from town
Oh oh my darlin', oh
She pushed him in the water and she held him down
Can you recall the day we married, oh?

And on we go and on we go
Can you recall the day we married oh?
And on we go and on we go
Wouldn't you be frightened to die alone?
Come a little closer to me darlin', oh

There was an old woman and there was an old man
They lived upon the high road
He once sat as a jockey for his pay
And she was her mother's darlin', oh

And on we go and on we go
Can you recall the day we married oh?
And on we go and on we go
Wouldn't you be frightened to die alone?
Come a little closer to me darlin', oh
Come a little closer to me darlin', oh
Come a little closer to me darlin', oh


Women of the World Celtic is one of my very favorite Celtic albums, and I love the sound of this song.  It's just fantastic all around!

What are you listening to this week?
If you link up, please include either a link back or the button!

Musical Mondays






Now for the Giveaway:

Chantilly is giving away a copy of her EP Up to the Moon to one lucky reader/participant!  I have personally downloaded (I bought it on iTunes) this album and I LOVE it.  She has an amazing voice and her songs are wonderful.  I highly recommend that even if you don't win a free copy, you buy it for yourself and don't miss out!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

xoxo Miss Angie

7 comments:

  1. I'm listening to a LOT of The Killers this week, since I just went to see them last Thursday. I submitted selections for This Belle Rocks, The Music Mamas, and my new blog, Girls at the Rock Show. Hope to visit with you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for noting, Sweetie. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to visit all the parties!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I play the song? I don't think it loaded on my Mac....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was nice and different haven't heard it before I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked in Chrome and not Safari....so odd.....but I got to listen!!!! I lurve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Erasure because their songs make me feel happy!

    Lily Kwan

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.