What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway sponsored by wonderful people! August is sponsored by Chantilly of Chantilly Songs, who is giving away a copy of her EP Up to the Moon. Make sure to come back later this month as I introduce her to you and share some of her music-which I LOVE!
This week's song:
Red Hot Tears
by Eric Himan
Ring, that’s what I hear when you bring
heartache over to my place
you’ve done it over and over
Wait! watching the clock in dismay
just hit midnight
where do you think you’re going?
A fire trying to work it’s way free
this anchor of anger forces me stationary
what can I do to comfort me
trying to hide from lies, it even hurts to let them leave
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
betcha didn’t know, betcha didn’t know when you disappeared
I cried red hot tears
Stay! Where are you going this late
hiding over the airwaves
leaving me all alone
The first better be the worst
you lit me up like a saturday night of neon lights
burning through the sky when you hold me tight
A fire trying to work it’s way freethis anchor of anger forces me stationary
what can I do to comfort me
trying to hide from lies, it even hurts to let them leave
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
betcha didn’t know, betcha didn’t know when you disappeared
I cried red hot tears

Now for the Giveaway:
Chantilly is giving away a copy of her EP Up to the Moon to one lucky reader/participant! I have personally downloaded (I bought it on iTunes) this album and I LOVE it. She has an amazing voice and her songs are wonderful. I highly recommend that even if you don't win a free copy, you buy it for yourself and don't miss out!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

This week's song:
Red Hot Tears
by Eric Himan
Ring, that’s what I hear when you bring
heartache over to my place
you’ve done it over and over
Wait! watching the clock in dismay
just hit midnight
where do you think you’re going?
A fire trying to work it’s way free
this anchor of anger forces me stationary
what can I do to comfort me
trying to hide from lies, it even hurts to let them leave
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
betcha didn’t know, betcha didn’t know when you disappeared
I cried red hot tears
Stay! Where are you going this late
hiding over the airwaves
leaving me all alone
The first better be the worst
you lit me up like a saturday night of neon lights
burning through the sky when you hold me tight
A fire trying to work it’s way freethis anchor of anger forces me stationary
what can I do to comfort me
trying to hide from lies, it even hurts to let them leave
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
I cry red, hot tears
betcha didn’t know, betcha didn’t know when you disappeared
I cried red hot tears
As most of you know, my love and support for Eric Himan is a big thing. He's such a talented singer/songwriter/musician, and not only that, but he's a very kind human being who really cares about his fans and people. In April, I was able to meet him and see him live, and it is one of my favorite memories to this day!
This song is off of his newest album Gracefully, and I came across this video Friday and knew I had to share! It's just a great video all around. The composition is lovely, the song is lovely, there is interpretive dance and woo girls-and Eric looks awesome.
What are you listening to this week?
If you link up, please include either a link back or the button!
Now for the Giveaway:
Chantilly is giving away a copy of her EP Up to the Moon to one lucky reader/participant! I have personally downloaded (I bought it on iTunes) this album and I LOVE it. She has an amazing voice and her songs are wonderful. I highly recommend that even if you don't win a free copy, you buy it for yourself and don't miss out!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I love a local band that used to be called Villanova...when they signed a record contract a few years ago, they had to change the name so now they're called Weaving the Fate, but I've been following them since the beginning.
ReplyDeleteI remember your post all about when you met Eric! You are the ultimate fan girl, and Eric is lucky to have you as his #1 fan! I love this song, BTW....
ReplyDeletei like Weaving the Fate...rc name:Helen Smith
ReplyDeleteI like Dark Dark Dark. LOVE the girl's voice!
ReplyDeleteCan you say AMAZING VOICE?!
ReplyDeleteNatural as Adele.
I am so glad to have come across this post, I have a new artist to play during my daily dancing. Each song gives the feeling of a new emotion, I love it.
As for my favorite indie artist...
I love Modest Mouse.
The music video for "Dashboard" never fails to amuse me.
My favorite song I have yet to decide between the following three.
ReplyDeleteEscape is the most powerful, and makes me want to get out of the computer chair and dance.
What You Do To Me shows her wide range of notes with a gorgeous flow.
Don't Wanna Wait I can relate to. I had to pause the song because of the shock...
Not sure if I'm supposed to leave a separate comment leaving my favorite song of hers, so I apologize if I'm that "one person" of this giveaway. Haha.
Thanks I like just sitting back listening to music
ReplyDeleteHands down Missy Higgins. :)
ReplyDeletean indie singer i like is called verbena. they r awesome. old but awesome
ReplyDeletea local band, rey fresco! awesome voices and a harp!
ReplyDelete