8.23.2013

Handmade Items That Make My Soul Ache

What is a soul ache?  My definititon of a soul ache is a feeling that is so strong you almost feel like you can't breathe because of it.  While ache is most often associated with the first definition of "a continuous and dull pain", I associate a soul ache more with the second definition-"an emotion experienced with painful or bittersweet intensity."  A soul ache is a beautiful thing, and to feel a soul ache reminds you that you are alive-whether it's a positive yearning or desire, or a negative sense of loss and hurt.  You learn from soul aches.  You grow from soul aches.

Every now and again you stumble across something beautiful in life that makes your soul ache.  Sometimes it's a child, a wild animal, a beautiful sunset, etc.  Sometimes, however, it's a wonderful handmade piece of art or jewelry (or something else) that makes you feel like you'll ache until it's a part of your life.  As if you will hurt until you have it hanging on the wall of your room so you can see it all day, or wrapped sweetly around your neck reminding you of it's presence. These pieces usually feel like you can touch a bit of the artist/creator's soul simply by holding or looking at this piece.  That's true creation.  True magic.  Here are just a few items that make my soul ache:

Handmade Items That Make My Soul Ache

nine // Robin's Nest Toggle Necklace by Wired Essentials (Enter the Wired Essentials Giveaway HERE!)

If I hadn't just dropped a bunch of money on school, one and seven would be in my shopping cart and then on their way to me faster than you can say "I want those!"  Seriously.  I'm in big-time love with both of those!  In the future I will probably also purchase four, eight, and twelve (which is a local here in SLC).  Ten is made by one of my very dearest friends Melanie Grace and she does them in different colors-so pretty!

Do you own, make, or have a specific item on your wishlist that makes your soul ache? Let's hear about it!
xoxo Miss Angie
Linking up with:
Loving Lately photo button1_zps168ed151.jpg 

14 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful pieces. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is melting for that Moon Necklace (#8). Probably one of the most beautiful, handmade items I have ever seen!

    It's kind of awesome, in my opinion, to know that someone had put their hard work and TLC into something like these items. Not factory produced. Even the cheapest handmade items from as little of 99 cents are better quality than those pieces of over $100 I own. Truly creative and fantastic.

    Xoxo Jordan - www.sillysilberman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! The fact that these things were made by hand and not some machine in China makes them so much more special! Like you now have a little piece of that person who put their love and creativity into it!

      Delete
  3. Love all the colorful items! Especially that cute dream catcher, so cute! Love the term you used, "soul ache"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're all so gorgeous, I was happy to find them!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous! They have so many different ones in their shop, I love it!

      Delete
  5. This is unrelated, but I googled "how to centre post title in blogger' and you came up and your tutorial was perfect! Quick, easy and did EXACTLY what I wanted so thank you! Then I had a litte poke around your blog which is totally awesome :D

    Just wanted to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'm so glad you found that post so useful! It seems to be getting more and more popular lately! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness no kidding! These pieces are fabulous!! #1 I'm in love with that the piece of artwork with the elephants really is lovely! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    xo
    Dawnelle
    Just Dawnelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful list. I'm in love with 3 and 15. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.