Anyone who's been following My So-Called Chaos for a while knows I have a love for Sugar Skulls. Dia de los Muertos is one of the most fascinating holidays to me, and I actually have a good little collection of sugar-skull art building. Also, Ashlie Blake from Painting Bliss is one of my favorite artists-as you'll recall I purchased some adorable little plush skullies from her last September.
Ashlie is not only a fantastic artist, but a beautiful writer and a generous soul who has offered one lucky reader their very own custom Sugar Skull from the Painting Bliss shop! But before we get to the giveaway, let's meet Ashlie! I asked her a few questions so we can get to know her better:
When did you really get into creating and selling art, and how long have you been doing it for now?
I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil, and painting since high school. After leaving college to marry my sweetheart I came home worked a regular job and hated every minute of it. The goal was to someday stay home with our future children and learn to sell my artwork. We did everything we could to make that happen, so here I am... Loving and living while sharing and selling my work. It's a blessing and I have been seriously striving and selling for about 8 years now... Each year grows better than the last for hard work really does pay off.
How does your art influence your family, and vice versa?
My art influences my family everyday and they don't even realize it because it's just the way it is. Mom paints, writes, and stops along the road to take photos. My children are picking up all of my artistic quirks and frequent my supplies. Their studio? Our recycling bin. My husband is an engineer so they are a perfect blend of creation.
Nature. I am a free spirited flower child... I am overwhelmed and in awe of all the beauty before me.
What is one of your very favorite pieces you've ever created?
That's so hard to say, as artist would answer... but my favorite piece I've ever created thus far has to be the painting where I just allowed myself to be me.
Do you ever create a piece of art and decide not to sell it or share it with anyone because it's just for you?
Yes! The piece as mentioned above! In fact all the paintings in my home are just that... Favorites I could not part with. For years and I mean lots of them I was so humble of my talent that I couldn't even hang them in my house. I've moved past that now, and enjoy adding new pieces to our walls.
Besides art, what other hobbies do you find yourself drawn to?
Oh I am a magpie and love to do all sorts of things! My hobbies include photography, antiqueing, jarring/preserving foods, and crochet!
What is one hobby that you've never tried but would really like to?
Hmmm that's a hard one as I try everything I want to do! I would say my next venture would be soap making!
What is one of your biggest items on your bucket list?
I truly would like to someday go to India's Holi Festival of color. And I will... Cause I always follow throw with my dreams in one way or another.
Now for the Giveaway!
Ashlie just revamped her blog, Painting Bliss! To celebrate it's new-and-improved look, she wants to celebrate with a fantastic giveaway! One lucky reader is going to win their very own custom Sugar Skull! She makes these from a paper-mache base and then uses different medias (she is the mixed-media queen!) to create a unique art piece!
Both of the above skulls are for sale, click on the photo to see the listing!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open worldwide and ends August 20th at 12AM.
See official Terms and Conditions in the above Rafflecopter.




So cool! I love the Original Elephant Hindu Buddhist Yogi Painting.
ReplyDeleteShe is a very talented artist!
I too love sugar skulls! They are the coolest thing since sliced bread ;)
ReplyDeleteNightchayde
Everything is amazing, truly a great artist! But I would Choose the sugar skulls!
ReplyDeletei'm a sugar skull fan! last halloween i did my face up right! #typinterest!
ReplyDeletethanks for all the connections and this opportunity! i love love love ashlie and her art!♥
I love the sugar skulls, but the mixed media heart house painting is really awesome to me.
ReplyDeletethis giveaway is epic. thank you <3
PHEW! I finished! lolz! Its more than worth it for this awesome giveaway & awesome website <3
ReplyDeleteMixed Media Owl Egg
ReplyDeletei like the owl eggs.
ReplyDeleteI love the Garden of Mudra Flower Painting! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the Mixed Media Original Crow Desert Painting! Strange and awesome!
ReplyDeleteThese are so pretty! When I went to Mexico this past spring, my boo thang brought back to hand painted skulls. He loves stuff like this!
ReplyDeleteMine is the sugar skull with the heart lock. I heart it. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThe Day of the Dead sugar skull is cool. But I do really like the Mixed media Elephant Art by Painting Bliss!
ReplyDeleteThose skulls are bloody awesome talk about bloody marvelous
ReplyDeleteI love the mixed media owl eggs because they're so cute! As well as the sugar skulls of course!
ReplyDeleteErin x
erinfahey94@gmail.com
I love the Three Little Birds.
ReplyDeleteSarah
www.glitterinthequarter.com
The Owl Eggs are too cute!
ReplyDeleteI love: Mixed Media Garden Girl Painting
ReplyDeleteashlie is beyond talented. thank you for this giveaway.♥
ReplyDeleteI like the Mixed Media Original Painting by Artist A.Blake Paintingbliss.
ReplyDeleteMixed Media Owl Egg is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteI really like the Pink Owl Mixed Media Rock: http://www.etsy.com/listing/154527674/pink-owl-mixed-media-rock-pebble-stone?ref=shop_home_active
ReplyDeleteOriginal Elephant Hindu Buddhist Yogi Painting
ReplyDeletehttps://www.etsy.com/listing/158291707/day-of-the-dead-3dimensional-mixed-media?ref=shop_home_feat I'm pretty sure this one is my favourite!
ReplyDeleteWow I love her shop! Such cool stuff and totally looks unique. I love the sugar skulls and the owls!!!
ReplyDeleteBesides the sugar skulls Id say Sunflower Garden is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteThe Day of the Dead sugar skull
ReplyDeleteLoved the Mixed Media Garden Girl Painting!!
ReplyDeleteLove the Day of the Dead 3Dimensional Mixed Media Sugar Skull
ReplyDelete-Ashley Marie Morrissey
ashummz05(at)yahoo(dot)com
I love the Mixed Media Owl Egg by artist A.Blake Paintingbliss
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the Day of the Dead 3Dimensional Mixed Media Sugar Skull by artist A.Blake
ReplyDeleteI love the Mixed Media Owl Eggs!
ReplyDelete-Jen Haile
My favorite are the Day of the Dead 3 Dimensional Skulls. I like the one with the heart on his forehead.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the Day of the Dead 3Dimensional Mixed Media Sugar Skull by artist A.Blake...I am obsessed with skulls of all kinds!
ReplyDeleteI am a skull fan, so my favorite is Day of the Dead 3Dimensional Mixed Media Sugar Skull by artist A.Blake :D
ReplyDeleteMixed Media Garden Fairy Painting Collage by Artist A.Blake of Paintingbliss
ReplyDeletei love everything! the neatest stuff ever! i love the mixed media day of teh dead skulls!
ReplyDeleteI like quite a few pieces. One of my favorites is the Mixed Media Original Garden of Mudra Flower Painting.
ReplyDeletemy favorites is Day of the Dead 3Dimensional Mixed Media Sugar Skull
ReplyDeleteI love love love this canvas: http://www.etsy.com/listing/155565721/original-mixed-media-live-by-the-sea-by?ref=shop_home_active Thank you for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI love the mixed media Original Elephant Hindu Buddhist Yogi Paiting!I love the colors!
ReplyDeleteMixed Media Garden Girl Painting
ReplyDeleteI really like the Day of the Dead 3Dimensional Mixed Media Sugar Skull by artist A.Blake.
ReplyDeleteI really LOVE the little owlies! (I actually bought one a few months ago. LOVE her!)
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite items:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/156297753/mixed-media-garden-girl-painting?ref=shop_home_active
Thank you
melly66(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
Actually the Sugar Skulls are my favorite but my next favorite is the Mixed Media Owl Egg.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Samantha
jamesmadison1974@gmail.com
I've always loved sugar skulls, I was born on Day of the Dead.
ReplyDeletegothiclvr18@gmail.com
I love the Garden of Mudra Flower Painting!!
ReplyDeleteI love the Mixed Media Owl Egg by artist A.Blake Paintingbliss!
ReplyDeleteLynn M
mixed media owl egg
ReplyDeletejessicawedwards@gmail.com
The House Heart painting is beautiful!
ReplyDelete-Lin Gorenkoff and Rebecca Esther
Mixed Media Garden Girl Painting
ReplyDeleteThe Mixed Media Owl Egg looks very nice!
ReplyDelete