In a nutshell, what is the Curiously Gorgeous Sisterhood?
The Curiously Gorgeous Sisterhood (or CGS for short) is a brand new community for artistically interested, aspirational souls. It has a website full of goodies - all of which are downloadable and reusable multiple times and all of which have been created with lots of love and kisses by me! It also gives you access to a private Facebook community for sharing ideas and building friendships. What makes it unique is the combination of freely available goodies to use and enjoy, and the sense of community and support that comes with it.
Here's the full lowdown on what is currently included in a subscription to The CGS:
- 5 + Inspirational EBooks
- 10+ Inspiring Podcasts
- 10+ Video Tutorials
- 50+ Downloadable blog design elements
- 100+ Downloadable and printable card designs
- 100+ Pocket Mantra & Language Cards
- A monthly newsletter filled with features, ideas, downloadable blog design elements and a free downloadable art print
- Access to a private Facebook community
- Access to a private blog full of inspiration, love and light
That's a minimum total value of $342 worth of goodies - and that's just for starters! Any new EBooks or tutorials or podcasts I create during your yearly subscription will be added to the site and therefore will be available to my sisters before they become available anywhere else.
How did you come up with the idea for this project?
I came up with the idea whilst working through some of Leonie Dawson's workbooks. She is a massive source of inspiration to me (I am also an affiliate for her products). She was talking about how she came up with the idea for her business and suddenly a light bulb pinged on inside my own head. I often find myself having a million ideas a minute it seems but with this one I literally could not rest until the project was live and completed! That's how I knew it was a winner. I love the idea of being able to be so free with my creations and the relaxed way of sharing my gifts this offers. I also love to be able to inspire others with my work and what better way than this? This way people can take what they need from me, use it as many times as they'd like to and I would be able to connect with them in a more meaningful way too. It's win-win!
What is your favorite thing about The CGS?
My favourite thing about The CGS is the website I think. I get such a buzz looking through the huge page of card designs and thinking of all the people who could download and print those for their friends and family. I love looking through the media page too with all of the video tutorials and podcasts all lined up there ready to inspire and ignite people's imaginations. I love the fact that the site contains a private blog where I can share more openly my thoughts and feelings without worrying about who might be reading it.
What is your favorite piece of artwork you have created?
One of my favourite illustrations at the moment is this art print of A Mama And Baby Surrounded By Love. I just love the feel of it, the emotions behind it and the whimsy of it. It is also available as a card (so it would come as part of a CGS subscription) and as a necklace.
Where do you hope to take this project?
To the stars! I am really hoping that the value for money on offer, the sense of community and support and the overall yumminess of a sisterhood like this one will appeal to many like-minded souls and I will therefore be able to offer more and more as part of the package. The sky really is the limit! I'd also like to offer more VIP Sisterhood memberships as time goes on for the full design support I can offer, alongside full access to my art print collection, worth over $2000.
What is one of your biggest hopes/dreams for this project's future?
My biggest dream for The CGS is that it becomes a thriving community with lots of gorgeous sisters sharing ideas, love and support for one another. I'd love to see lots of these sisters downloading my EBooks to help support them through their creative lives. I'd be overjoyed to see them printing and framing their free art prints (available each month in the newsletter) and using my card designs to send on their love and good wishes to friends and family. I'd love to head over to their blogs and see my free blog design elements being put to work creating a beautiful online space for them to love and enjoy.
Before I go I'd just like to thank Angie for featuring my and The CGS here on her blog. I know I have talked your ears off today! If you'd like to get to know me better, feel free to check out my blog A Cat-Like Curiosity and my artist website Curiously Sarah. If you have any questions about The CGS then please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at sarahleonardwriting(at)gmail( dot)com
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is open worldwide and ends on 8/27/13 at 12AM MDT.
See official Terms and Conditions in the Rafflecopter Widget above.
Giveaway is open worldwide and ends on 8/27/13 at 12AM MDT.
See official Terms and Conditions in the Rafflecopter Widget above.


I love the idea of pocket mantra cards, they're lovely!
ReplyDeleteThere are some great printable cards, and language ecards available.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies - glad you liked what you saw :)
ReplyDeleteSarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity
What a great concept. I love the website. I could definitely use some of those mantra cards.
ReplyDeleteThe whole website is really neat! I love the idea behind it. I also love the pocket mantra cards!
ReplyDeleteI love the whole idea! I didn't know anything about it before ;)
ReplyDelete