4.17.2015

House Hunting Update & Currently... April 2015

House Hunting Update & Currently... April 2015

Confessing... May of you may have heard on social media that the cute little house I put an offer in on fell through.  The inspection report from the last person who attempted to buy the little blue bungalow came back "absolutely horrible" and my Realtor highly recommended I back out from it.  What do I have to confess? I was relieved.  Honestly the neighborhood it was in was not one I loved-in fact two days after I put in the offer on the house a guy was murdered just two blocks from it.  So when I was no longer in love with a house out there I stopped looking in that area.  It was a relief!

Anticipating... Since then I've done a little more looking and I put in an offer on a townhouse in Murray!  It's in a much better neighborhood (close to just about everything you could need!) and I decided that while I'm in school and working full time that not having a yard to worry about or snow to shovel is a much better idea.  The townhouse needs quite a bit of updating (though is livable in the meantime), but it has a lovely stone fireplace and a nice private patio where I can put a potted garden!

Hoping... That I get the cute townhouse and everything goes smoothly with the closing.

Pinning... Ideas for potted gardens!  I'm obsessed with what I'm going to do and plant out on that patio.  You would be surprised at what you can grow in a container-even dwarf cherry trees!  Just look at this inspiration:

DIY Herb GardenDIY Ladder GardenTownhouse Narrow Garden Space

Reading... I'm still in the middle of the audio book of The Poisoned Pilgrim in the Hangman's Daughter series.  I'm also reading a lot of posts on DIY home stuff and reviews for things like Washers and Dryers.  I really wonder how well one of those All-in-One Washer Dryer Combos works...

Watching... Movies on DVD.  My internet has been down all week (Thanks Comcast blah-they're finally sending someone out tonight) so even though I subscribed to the new HBO Now, I have NOT been able to watch GoT yet.  Bah!  So here's what I've watched this week:

House Hunting Update & Currently... April 2015

The Voices:  You should seriously watch this movie.  It's so hilarious and so twisted, and it actually makes you feel a little like you're crazy while you're watching it because you're seeing things through his eyes.  Ryan Reynolds really pulls of that adorably insane thing well.

The Theory of Everything: I'd wanted to watch this for a while, and it was sweet, but long and kind of slow also.  It was a great watch for a little bit of historical information on Stephen Hawking though-and a very interesting relationship dynamic.

Disturbing Behavior: I wasn't sure how I'd never seen this before, but Angel gave me a box of DVDs and this was in it.  It was really a very interesting thriller that I enjoyed-even if Katie Holmes isn't the greatest actress... She was kind of blah.

Rock My World: This was also one of Angel's DVDs and it was really cute!  Kind of slow and so very 90s (though it came out in 2002) but really really cute.  

Crazy Little Thing: Also from the box of DVDs Angel gave me, I LOVED this movie.  It was just so honest in the way it portrayed these two people and their friends, and I found myself sitting on the living room floor laughing really hard a few times.

Listening... I have a current playlist of the newest albums I've downloaded that I've been listening to on repeat. Basically these: 



Eating... Well since I'm trying to buy a house and I've been trying to be super stingy the last few weeks, I went to Costco and bought a case of tortillas and a case of re-fried beans.  Honestly, I've been living on bean and cheese burritos and Easter candy.  So not healthy.  I finally made a trip to Winco and bought a bunch of healthy stuff the other day, so here's to eating better.

Working on: My final photography project, math homework, and buying a house.

Wishing: That I had better carpentry/builder skills.  I really want to build some book doors for my new house, some great wooden flower boxes, a fold out table for my patio, and an amazing wall/storage/Murphy bed combo for my spare room.  Just look at how amazing this is:

BEFORE & AFTER: GUEST STUDIO RENOVATION

Wanting: This fold out picnic table, but it's from another company and the website isn't even in English.  There has to be someone who can build me one right?

Dreaming... Of all the fun DIY home projects I may get to do one day... Ah.  I'm obsessed.

Feeling... Much less stressed about this offer.  I think maybe all that sleep I was losing last time was my gut telling me it wasn't right for me.  Hopefully this place is much better and I can move soon!

What's up with you these days?

Linking up with:
Friday ConfessionalCurrently Link Up


21 comments:

  1. That's so scary that there was a murder in the neighborhood you were looking in. I hope things go better with this new offer. And potted gardens are so much fun! Before we dug a garden, it seemed like I had pots EVERYWHERE! It's amazing how much you can still grow in containers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you play with the light in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to pass on that first house. Scary situation! We rented a townhouse before we bought our first home and I loved it. I prefer a smaller yard (I hate the maintenance) and since you own it you'll be able to do so many cute things with the patio. You're definitely going to need to block out a good chunk of time for Game of Thrones. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like this place is made for you! Good luck!


    And also, I really need to catch up on GoT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it worked out for the best with that house. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love currently posts! Beans and Cheese are delicious and I'd eat them all the time too if my husband would let me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank heavens that deal didn't go through!! It wasn't meant to be! PHEW

    Good luck looking for places again!

    Thanks for joining my Currently link up this week! I love reading what everyone is up to! Have a great weekend! XO Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful pictures. With the light play they look fierce, strong, and all kinds of other baseball like emotions. It's wonderful that you captured those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on putting in your offer! Big things are happening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think most of us have done something then thought no I shouldn't have how can I get out of this so it is good that you were able to get out of the blue bungalow hope the new place you have placed an offer on works out

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only way I learned carpentry skills was by trying it. Seriously, build yourself a bookshelf and then go conquer the world. You got this! :D
    I really hope that townhouse happens. It looks adorable, and container gardening is so much easier. Plus, with vertical gardening you can grow a lot, from strawberries and mini-tomatoes and herbs and flowers, with minimal weeding. Always a win! When's the inspection? I've got my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I received word back today. It's not FHA approved and it will be too long before it is. I could go Conventional, but my credit score is about 20 points too low. And unless I can pay off all my student loans in the next two weeks (not likely) it's a dream I have to give up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. It fell through too. Buying a house is so stressful! Everything I love is outside of my price range and even things I settle on aren't working out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Lots of big things... They're also falling through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Currently posts are so fun! Yeah I find I"m not even getting sick of the beans and cheese... Though I'm sure it's not the healthiest option.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously. He sent me the report on the place-it needed a new roof, new plumbing, new heating system... The pavement all needed to be redone, the insulation needed to be redone, the water heater was past it's prime, the add on (they converted the garage to a room) was done improperly and the foundation sloped... There was even a note saying "Door has been kicked in. Recommend drug testing." YIKES! Plus it was in murderville... I'm so glad it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It fell through. Boo. House hunting is lame. I finally did watch GoT-so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me too, it was so bad! I am going to start looking for more townhouse options now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, I'm so glad I didn't get it. I'd love pots everywhere, they look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well FUCK. Definitely hold onto that first-time homebuyer credit. Another house will happen. Soon, hopefully. And better that it's FHA-approved, right? Can your realtor make sure that stuff is checked on before you go see it in person?

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.