4.12.2015

The Weekly Round Up for the Week of April 12th, 2015

The Weekly Round Up for the Week of April 12th, 2015

What Bloggers Don't Tell You: The Cost of Owning and Maintaining a Blog by Kimi Who
This is a very real and very honest post.  Blogging is so expensive!  But so far it's been worth just about every penny.

Holy Shnikes! by Kati Rose
In this post Kati talks about how Chris Farley taught her how to make other people laugh.  I can definitely relate!

Spring Flowers by Lush to Blush
Megan lets her boyfriend Johnny take over and share his flower arranging tips-not to forget her gorgeous photos of them!

5 Tips for Creating a Gallery Wall by Little City Adventures
I really like Gallery Walls, and I'm excited to try one-especially with these great tips from Abby at Little City Adventures.

Unique Uses for Essential Oils by NikMakeupJunkie: Confessions of a Makeup Junkie
I love Nikki's tips for different uses for essential oils-they seem like they'll be really useful this Summer!

Q&A A Day Journal by Chasing My Extraordinary
This little Q&A A Day Journal that Kenzie reviewed looks like so much fun!  I really want to get one and try it out now.

Charlie Hebdo: The Power of Art by Maggie Elizabeth Writes
Je Suis Charlie.  We have not forgotten, and this post from Maggie Elizabeth Writes is a powerful reminder.

The Truth About Those (Dreaded) Sponsored Blog Posts by A Day in Mollywood
Molly really puts exactly what I think about sponsored posts into words.  It's so hard to walk the fine line between wanting/needing to earn a little extra money from your blog and also not wanting to overwhelm it with sponsored posts.  She has such a valid point though when she says "But then I realized that bloggers have just as much right to make money as any other profession out there."  She's right, and it ties into Kimi's post (linked first today) because blogging is expensive-and so accepting sponsored posts is necessary.

I do want to reiterate that I to, like Molly mentions in her post, receive a ton of sponsored post requests in my email every day, and I also turn down most as well.  I only want to write about products I think are interesting, and that I hope my readers will also find useful/interesting.  This also helps me remember to take a minute to read other bloggers' sponsored posts as well-you never know when you'll find something cool you just have to try!

What are your favorite posts this week?

The Weekly Round-Up

How this works:
  • Follow your hosts Miss Angie at My So-Called Chaos and Aubrey at High-Heeled Love.
  • Write up a blog post sharing some of your favorite posts this week from other bloggers.
  • Add the Weekly Round-Up Button (code above) and/or a link back to your blog post.
  • Link-up with our weekly linky party on Sundays.
  • Visit other party-people to see what posts they liked this week!


New Blogger Series

3 comments:

  1. I've been obsessed with travel posts and travel blogs lately :) They make me wan to spend all of my money on a plan ticket, though :(

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post about the gallery walk. I soooo want to do that! Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.