4.13.2015

Musical Mondays: 29/31 for my 29th Birthday

This coming weekend I will turn 29.  I feel like I just have to share this Garfunkel and Oats song 29 31... In this song they're singing about relationships and one plays a 29 year old and the other a 31 year old.  Though I have to admit that sometimes I feel like 31 already! haha

Skip to about 0:49 to get to the song and skip the boob talk-or listen to it.  It's funny.  I wanted to share the version from their Netflix show, but embedding is turned off for it.  The show is funny-you should totally check it out.

This week's song:
29/31
by Garfunkel and Oats

Note: There is some minimal adult language so if it bothers you skip it. :) 

29-For the first time in my life I see it clearly, I realize the power of being a woman
29 years old and time's on my side, I'm in my prime, I've hit my stride
I've got so much charisma and so many options, It's nice to always have my pick

31-THERE'S NOBODY LEFT, I'M ALL ALONE

29-I'm at the top of my game, possibilities are endless, and I just feel really pretty
I'm holding out for someone who meets my standards, wont settle for anything less than perfect
I know what I want and I can have it, I'm surrounded by love and peace

31-THERE'S NOBODY LEFT, I'M ALL ALONE
Why did I wait? What's wrong with me? In two short years I'm gonna be 33-who the hell will want me then?
My ovaries are shrinking I'm disgusting and everyone feels bad for me, and I never get invited to dinner parties anymore

29-Things unfold when they're supposed to 'cause everything happens for a reason
It'll happen for me when I'm not even looking-he'll just appear and I'll just know
And he'll love me forever without any work, who needs to try when things are meant to be?

31-THERE'S NOBODY LEFT-I'M ALL ALONE
29-I'm a catch just look at me, I'm smart and hot and have lots of interests
31-YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT
29-The man of my dreams is definitely out there
31-YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SPECIAL BECAUSE PEOPLE TELL YOU THAT NOW
29-He is my future, he's the one, and he has perfect looks
31-BUT THAT WILL STOP AND BE REPLACED WITH LOOKS OF PITY
29-My life's complete, the world is a buffet of love - a lalalalalalalala

31-Oh what, you think biological reality doesn't apply to you and your adorable cocoon of agelessness?
Well it does. While you're just waiting around and focusing on you GUESS WHAT?
YOU'RE GONNA MISS YOUR F*CKING WINDOW!

29-Everything happens for a reason, you know I truly believe that
31-Yeah you said that before
29-Oh my god it does though, everything happens for a reason
31-What about the Haitian earthquake or cellulite on skinny women?
29-Just say 'Hey Universe I'm ready' it'll happen when you least expect it
31-Well I don't expect it at all now so I guess it's right around the corner

29-Maybe you're putting out the wrong vibes, maybe you're closed off to love
Let me tell you a secret, it's called the secret

31-Here's another secret, you're an a**hole.
29-Your negativity is a self-fulfilling prophecy the reason things go well for me is because of positivity
31-Well I'm positive fertility always begins to atrophy when infantile fantasy eclipses true reality

29-It never once occurred to me that things wont work out perfectly 
When god closes a door you see he opens a window

31-You realize that's a smaller opening right?
You used to be able to walk out a door and now you have to climb out some slightly ajar window somewhere
Possibly falling like eight stories to your death?  That is not an upgrade.
You know what else? 

31-THERE'S NOBODY LEFT
29-Seven billion people on the planet my options will never end
31-I'M ALL ALONE!
29-I'm so happy, all the way happy, I'm so happy 31-AAAHHHHHH!
29-You can't love someone else until you love yourself  31-AAAHHHHHH!
29-You can't love someone else until you love yourself  31-AAAHHHHHH!
29-I'm so happy, all the way happy, I'm so happy 31-AAAHHHHHH!
29-You can't love someone else until you love yourself  31-AAAHHHHHH!
29-You can't love someone else until you love yourself  31-AAAHHHHHH!

29-Because life is good/31-Over

How to Play Musical Mondays

Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos


Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where you can share songs or other music-related posts each Monday and link up with the linky.  Then you can enter the monthly giveaway and visit the other music posts linked up. To join us:
  • Write a blog post sharing music or something music-related.
  • Include the Musical Mondays button (code below) and/or a link back.
  • Link-up in the linky below.
  • Visit other Musical Monday links in the linky.
  • Enter the Giveaway below.

Enter to win a $15 Amazon Gift Card





This month I'm giving away a $15 Amazon Gift Card. Giveaway is open Worldwide and ends on 5/1/15 at 12AM.


 

16 comments:

  1. Girl, 29 is like nothin! Seriously, don't even start thinking that's much. Believe your good oooold blogging pal ;) It's going to be a fabulous birthday and i'd suggest to celebrate it. (Instead of going all out there for the 30th one.)

    Let me think about my current fav song...oh i know - this one: She keeps me up by Nickelback (because of Chad Kroeger's freaking sexy voice....nuff said) ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. These two are so awesome!


    Also, 29 is totally NBD. You're gonna rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the song Stole the Show by Kygo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never listened to Garfunkel and Oates even though a few of my friends love them and I laughed. It also made me realize I'm maybe sort of over worrying on getting a year older. Just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Garfunkel and Oates. That song is so hilarious ... and true. Take it from a 34-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love that video, so funny! Regardless, I wouldn't worry about turning 29 - age isn't anything but a number as long as you're young at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! It seems like I didn't feel confident or secure in my own skin until I got married. For example- before I got married I wouldn't have ever, ever gone to the grocery store in sweats or without make up. Now I don't even think twice. But I really wish I would have cultivated that security when I was younger. I probably would have turned out to be a totally different, much more adventurous person. So the moral of the story is celebrate where you are in life- whether it's 29 or 31 and be secure in who you are. And hope you have a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has taken me a long time to be happy with me, but now I am and it feels great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I do not go to the grocery store in sweats, but I will go without makeup. Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you laughed. I think we all stress about it a bit... It's natural. Growing up is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwahahahaha! This is so true. :D
    I met Stace when I was 31, but I was so feeling that right before then. There really is nobody left, though. I mean....seriously, seriously tiny, flawed dating pool after 30.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.