I've been blogging using Blogger for over a year now, and in that year I have certainly learned a lot.
01. One nice comment from a follower can turn your entire day around.
02. Bloggers guilt is a real thing. I found once I got past 30 followers, I felt guilty if I didn't have a post every day.
03. You can piss off a whole bunch of people just by posting one political comment.
04. You can also gain a bunch of new followers for said political comment.
05. Every new comment, and every new follower, brings another rush of joy. It's good to see that people like what you have to say, and want to keep coming back.
06. People actually win things. Who would have thought?
07. Everything anyone around you does or says, can and will be used as blog material.
08. Writing letters in your blog, addressed semi-anonymously to people in your real life, can be extremely cathartic. However, it can also be dangerous should that person read your blog.
09. There will most likely be too many Memes on a particular day that you'd like to do. For instance, there are 4 on Fridays that I like, and now 3 on Tuesdays. I've decided I'll just combine them if I want to. Why deny myself one over the other?
10. You can have an online family that you love, and who loves you back. You will also grow attached to them, have days where you're dying to see a new post from them, and stressing/worrying because you haven't.
Amen! Especially to #7. When my family does something goofy (a daily occurrence) they will always ask "Is this going on the blog?"
ReplyDeleteAnd I love a great comment, especially on a crappy day.
I totally agree with you on all counts! I just love comments and waking up in the morning and seeing that i have a new follower.
ReplyDeleteEvery word of this is true! Blogging has definitely made an impact on me in so many ways!
ReplyDeleteVery good points!
ReplyDeletevery true. And as for the letters - it's just like you said (and whenever there's this "dear so&so" post on your blog I'm thinking I should totally steal your idea and wrtie some letters too, haha)
ReplyDelete:)
So I gotta know- do you use comments from neighbors and family members to make posts ... cause if I did I would be shunned ;-)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAphrodite: I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but yes, sometimes I do. It just depends on what they say. My letters (Friday) are usually the dangerous posts.
ReplyDeletei haven't thought of writing letters but I might have to give it a try. All very well said :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list! I especially love #1. So true!!
ReplyDeletethose are all totally true. i get so pumped for every single comment i get and every new follower!
ReplyDeleteThese are great! Thanks for the comments the last couple of days - I'm still getting back into the swing of things! How much more than a year have you been blogging?
ReplyDeleteaw :]
ReplyDeleteby the way... YOU'RE ALMOST AT 100 FOLLOWERS!
I seen many of these lists today for the writing prompt today. Each one different from the other. And each one so true. I loved your list!
ReplyDeleteMissy: A year and like... A month and a half? LOL! :)
ReplyDeleteKay: I know! I'm soooooo excited :) You all rock so much!
Everyone else: Thanks so much, you guys all rock my world!
Very true!! I pissed off a bunch stay at home moms with one of my post and with the same post I gained followers of working moms! lol!
ReplyDeleteGlad you blog, because I have enjoyed reading your posts!!!!
Miss Candy: Thanks love! I'm glad you post too, I love them!
ReplyDeleteHi Angie!
ReplyDeleteI just 'chanced' upon this blog.I liked quite few things about it, nice template, the way u write, honest & simple..
I agree with this post as being a very recent entrant into the blogworld, i am beginning to realise a few things said by you.A long way to go though!
Keep up the good work!
If possible, do pay me a visit at my pages:
www.assorted-platter.blogspot.com
www.soulatma.blogspot.com
07. Everything anyone around you does or says, can and will be used as blog material.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely! When I was a fairly new blogger, I think a lot of my material came from funny stuff my family said. Or funny/frustrating stuff our puppy did. I should really start using those anecdotes again.
I totally agree with all you have said, because being a blogger I have experienced all of this. Just that you have the presence of mind to articulate all of these into a post. I really admire your strength to blog everyday. That is simply awesome. Keep them coming. :-)
ReplyDelete