9.10.2010

30 Letters: Day 10: Dear Missed Friend

A Letter to A Friend I Miss

Dear Cristina,

I don't know how we let the time get away from us like we do, but we manage to go years without seeing each other even though we live in pretty close proximity.  You are my oldest friend, ever since the day when you moved in next to my grandmother.  You were 9, I was 7, and we connected and built this amazing friendship that has stood all of the strains of growing up and living our own individual life.  We've never had an argument or a fight, and we've always been there for each other when needed.  We're family, and growing up you were as close to me (or closer) than my own siblings.

However as we grow older, and move about in our own little worlds filled with grown-up responsibilities and different people or activities demanding our time, we let the time get longer and longer.  While I've always admired our ability to go a year without seeing each other or talking and then pick up where we left off, I'm starting to worry about how long we let it stretch.  It's kind of sad really... 

Not to mention I know you live less than a mile from me now, so why haven't we seen each other in over a year?  I can't believe my own lack of effort in the matter, and I am very very sorry for that.  I really miss you, and I want to get close to you.  You've been my best friend for as long as I can remember and I don't even know who you're dating now, if you're still working at the same place, or what your new apartment/house looks like.  I feel like such a terrible friend.

Can we get together soon please?  This has gone on far too long, and we have to promise each other we wont let it happen again.

I love you so much more than you possibly know!

Love, me.

 
Do you miss someone?  Reach out to them in a letter!
(If you wrote a letter to someone today, please leave me a link so I can read it!)
 

3 comments:

  1. AW :) Lovely letter today
    always SHOULD try and make effort for friends! I know that feeling of not seemin like a good friend! I want to get in touch with everyone I care about again.. it just seems so far away sometimes!


    ♥Isha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Angie! Your letter really made my day! It's so good to know I have such a caring friend. We do need to be better about staying in touch, to lose a friend like you would be terrible.
    I'll give you a call this week!
    love, Cristina

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.