9.06.2010

30 Letters: Day 6: A Stranger

A letter to a stranger.

Dear People Contacting me on Dating Sites,

Thanks for the email, really.  While I'm pretty-much avoiding all contact with anyone on those sites (I should really disable my profiles for the time being) it's always flattering to receive an email.  Not to mention the research I'm doing for a project I plan to work on eventually involving emails on dating sites.  Keep them coming, especially the really terrible ones!

However, I am going to judge you on how you handle contact with me.  Here's my standards.

1. Make me laugh and you get bonus points.
           A: You have to be funny, really funny.
           B: If I'm laughing AT you instead of your joke-probably not going
           to happen.
                       a: Unless you're really charming.
2. If you email me, and don't hear back from me.
           A: DO NOT email me again to say "Why haven't you written back?"
                       a: This will turn me off of you COMPLETELY.  Too demanding.
           B: DO NOT email me again to say "You viewed my profile, must not
           like what you see."
                       a: This sounds pathetic, girls like a guy with confidence, not
                      one begging for attention saying "Why don't you like meeeeee?"
                       b: You sound needy, I don't want a needy guy. End of story.
3. Don't insult me.  I know you've seen the movies where they say "insult her and
she'll be all over you like white on rice."
            A: I'm not one of those girls. All I'll think is "Go fuck yourself!" and block you
4. If your profile sounds needy and whiny, or you complain a lot, I'll probably not be responding.
5. If you bash on yourself during correspondence with me, I will be turned off of you.
            A: Don't say "I haven't heard from you in a while, I must have convinced
            you that I'm not interesting."
                         a: If you hadn't before, you just did. That's annoying.
                         b: It goes back to the "I don't want a needy guy." thing.

So in the long run, I don't want to date an asshole, that's not what I'm aiming for.  However, I don't want to date a guy that constantly has to be reassured that I'm interested or that they're worthy,etc. blah blah blah.  I don't know many people who do!

Respectfully,
Uninterested.

Wanna play along?  Check out the Curriculum!

3 comments:

  1. I feel yah lady. I hate dating sites. My account has been deactivated for a while now, though, it's always there if I want to go back... someday. And I get what you're saying about the bad emails. I remember saying in my profile that grammar is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, being an English major and all... and still I get guys who type all gangster thinking that's going to turn me on. No effing way! Losers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I totally agree! I'm very big on being contacted with proper grammar too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should make that your new profile. That's it. Nothing else about you, JUST that.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.