9.14.2010

30 Letters: Day 13: Dear Forgiveness

We♥It

 A letter to someone I wish would forgive me.

I was thinking about who I would write this to, but the only people who I feel our friendships are damaged irreparably, I don't want forgiveness from.  I don't want them in my life anymore.  

The person who really needs to forgive me, is me.

 Dear Body,

I'm so sorry for not getting up off my ass to take you to the gym every day.  I'm sorry that ever workout program I start I fail at, and that you have to remain the way you do.  I'm sorry that I stuff you into extra large sized clothes, and don't treat you like the beautiful thing you could be.  I've been so neglectful of you, and this will change.

Dear Mind,

I'm sorry I forget about you sometimes.  Can you ever forgive me for not making the most of you I possibly can?  For not taking you to college and getting you involved in deep thinking and studies that will enrich and enlighten you?  I'm sorry that I don't feed you with novels and books as often as I used to, and I'm sorry that you're completely starving for them.  I understand that force-feeding you tv and movies and music, while being a great release, is like feeding my body processed food and it's not that wonderfully sustaining.  

Dear Soul,

I heard a quote the other day that said "The pains of the flesh are nothing compared to the pains of the soul" and it is so incredibly true.  I'm sorry you feel so disconnected from everything.  I will work harder to do more spiritually rich things for you.

Dear Heart,

I'm sorry for everything I've ever put you through.  It is you most of all I hope will heal one day.  I pray to God that you heal, and that this hardening you've been feeling isn't permanent.  I want to open up and love again... Desperately.  Please, please forgive me.
 
Feel the need for forgiveness?  Share it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - I love it! I've had similar conversations with myself. Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgiving ourselves can be our hardest work. Don't quit until you get it done. Hang in there. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... absolutely wonderful post. I think I should read it over and over again, maybe it would sink thru.

    M

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.