4.21.2010

All I Can Do Is Stay Positive

I had already set myself up to hate this job.  It's less money than I was making before, and when I was laid off from the previous job I was really sad because I really wanted to stay.  I kept waiting to hear something,-and I'm still waiting-but this job is helping me bide my time and at least have a little income until I hear from them. 

This job will have 8 weeks of training.  8. Weeks. Of. Training. 

That's more than any other job I've ever had.

Plus the desks are shared so you can't have your own cubicle or computer.  There doesn't seem to be anything personal about it... You're just one of hundreds shuffling around in the building...

I miss the familiarity of my old job.  My cubicle with all my little sticky notes posted, my computer with my personalized background, and all the coworkers that made the day worth it every time I went to work.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they call me back.  I really want to go back.

However, in the meantime (and in case they don't call) I really need to rally myself around this situation.  If I stay here, I'll have benefits in a few months, and an opportunity for advancement.  There are so many opportunities to become a trainer or a supervisor.  I could own this job if I put my all into it.

So that is what I'm going to do until the old job calls me.  Firstly, because I am an awesome employee who will give my all in any position I'm put in, and secondly because I need stay positive and make good things happen for myself.

7 comments:

  1. Less pay sucks! But benefits are a plus! If you can stick it out and advance...might be worth it in the long run! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, don't think about it like that! it will be a different experience, but maybe it will be the best job you've ever had. you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things will look up, I'd keep your eye out for new jobs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every job I've had, teaches me something new. Look at it like a learning experience...and new experiences will look great on your resume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you get adjusted, it'll be easier and you'll probably end up liking it. Just don't give hope on the other job, and keep your eyes open for something new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, 8 weeks of training? this is really more than I've ever heard about. wow. but you're right, you should stay positive about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very nice attitude to have. Always staying positive and giving your all in whatever you do. I am sure in the long run it will reap rich dividends for you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.