4.06.2010

RTT: Merry Aprilmas?

randomtuesday.

(Sorry folks, no teaser Tuesday this week as I'm not reading anything new.)


♥ This is Utah in April.  Yes, I just took this picture at the window by my desk at work. It looks like Christmas on April 6th!

♠ I've learned too much, about too many, in too short of time.  I think my head is going to explode from all the gossip and drama that's going on.  It doesn't all involve me, in fact the only part of what is stressing me out that actually involves me is learning about the awful ways of my ex.  The rest is coworker drama (between others, but some parties keep trying to drag me in) and then ex-friend drama.

♣ Speaking of coworker drama, I just want to be left alone.  I'm friends with both parties, I see fault on both ends, I don't want anything to do with it.  Now, I have no problem being the shoulder to cry on and listening to when you need someone to talk to-BUT DO NOT PRESUME TO TELL ME WHAT TO TELL-OR HOW TO TREAT-THE OTHER PARTY INVOLVED.

♦ Also, remember the drug/alcohol addict parents I have written a few letters to on Fridays?  Their oldest daughter just outed them on so many different things we never knew about.  She wrote two massive blog posts on Myspace revealing things we never knew about.  If I had known about them, I'd have been calling DCFS.  Things like taking the toddlers out in the yard to spray them down with the hose because they were poopy, or giving the children 30mg of Adderall (legal speed-used for ADD) at 7pm so that they would have the energy to complete their chores before bed and then dumping ice water on them when they couldn't wake up in the morning.  How about driving their young children around while drunk with a 44 ounce spiked soda in their hand?  There's more, a lot more.  Like trading $800 worth of food stamps for money to buy drugs and alcohol and not feeding four children.  Then putting food in the fridge, and getting mad at them if they eat it.  The mother actually sat her daughter down to lecture her about "stealing her food".  It's SO MESSED UP.


♥ On Easter, Jon and I went to lunch and he was texting Josh telling him he was going to eat his bunny because he didn't bring him any Chocolate or Easter Eggs.  There is an ongoing joke about eating the bunny, because it's Josh's baby, and Jon loves to run with it.  Now he gets to throw in "Well, you're not here to stop me!"  It's fun to tease him about things like that, since he's never home anymore.  I took this pic and sent it to Josh.

♠  Nine days until Tax Season is over.  That is only slightly nerve-wracking.  For some reason I have the feeling that everything is going to be alright.

♣ 12 Days until my birthday!  Wahoo!  We decided to have a BBQ at the park by my house Saturday, then go back to my house for drinking and Karaoke.  Then on Sunday morning, my actual birthday, we're going wake up and go to breakfast!  I love it.  I'm going to bake for my own party!

♦ I have an interview with another company tomorrow.  I need to be prepared in case Taxworks doesn't keep me on.  I really do hope they offer me a full time position though, but that is still so completely up in the air, I have no idea.

♥ I have rather been enjoying my solitude lately.  I spent the entire weekend in my by myself (except lunch with Josh and work Saturday) and I enjoyed it.  I'm also in Spring Cleaning mode, as I used some of that time to completely reorganize my kitchen.

♠ I have however, completely enjoyed having the bunny there for company.  I play with him, talk to him, and give him little treats when I'm cooking.  He has this hanging pole from the top of the cage that you can put food on (it's supposed to make them exercise when they get a treat by reaching for it), so I'll put a stick of celery in there and I'll stand back and watch him nibble on it.  So cute!

14 comments:

  1. haha, in my country there's loads of snow too, even though it should be springSPRINGspring all the way! And this story about drug-addicted parents - it's crazy. Not in a good way. It's surprising how many ppl are like this...Two years ago I worked for summer in a court in my town and - I've read so many files of people who are like this. The most depressing thing was that I knew most of them. It's really terrible.

    And good luck on your job interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Minnesota, it's not unknown that we get a snowstorm in April. I always hate that. All ready for Spring and there's snow everywhere. Argh.

    I know what you mean about enjoying your solitude. The Midgets haven't been around as much so I've had a lot of free time. Sometimes I get bored, but for the most part I find a way to entertain myself. It's nice to have some peace and quiet.

    What a cute pic!! I love bunnies too.

    Have a great Tuesday and good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here in Ohio we have unheard of 80 degree weather!!!! Hope the sunshine finds you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like all good stuff! Happy early birthday, and good luck with the ex-factor (always good to stay out of it and not let those enegry drains affect you). :D
    FYI, I'm sending a friend (Lindsey) over to meet ya. She reminds me of you, a few years ago, although she's also been through a lot of family stuff. AND she's in Utah, too! :D Just thought you guys should e-meet.
    *hugs* Have fun with bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bit about the drug addict parents very nearly made me cry. That's just so sad, and I really hope that things work out for those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of people who love to bake. I'm not one of those people...sigh... I love to cook though.

    Someone should call children services on those parents - that is messed up shit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg those poor kids! The should be taken away from them.
    I am with you on the drama. I'd love to be kept out of it as well. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring Cleaning! I've never quite tried that out :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! so much in this post! i guess its best to be busy! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures :]

    HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow- those parents sound seriously effed up. the things that they did were disgusting. i guess that's what happens when you're messed up on drugs and alcohol. what a shame.

    and bunnies are definitely fun- i had one for 8 years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So your birthday is April 18? Mine's the 22nd - I KNEW I liked you! Your plans sound fun.

    Snow - that's sick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SNOW?!
    It was nearly 80 here today in NYC.
    That is crazy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the positive energy in this post. :-) After all that mental torture you had to go through after finding out some undesirable, unexpected details about your ex, it is nice to see some positive things. Also, the excitement going into your birthday party and the birth-day itself is awesome. I feel excite sitting here! Do I get an invite to the barbecue? ;-) Just kidding.

    By the way, I have a new story up at my blog. Do read it sometime you have a few moments to spare.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.