4.20.2010

Teaser Tuesday: Eat Pray Love

Then my mother shocked me.  She said "All those things that you want from your relationship, Liz?  I have always wanted those things, too."
 In that moment, it was as if my strong mother reached across the table, opened her fist and finally showed me the handful of bullets she'd had to bite over the decades in order to stay happily married (and she is happily married, all considerations weighed) to my father.

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

***
I got this book from my Book Love Buddy, and am going to take the next month to read it.  I'll let you all know what I think! :)

17 comments:

  1. Let me know how it is, it sounds like one that I might like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad that you got it.. hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing...interested to know how the rest of it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear what you think. I started that one and then it was due at the library so I never finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to your review. I missed this one in my own book club and have never gotten back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh- i've heartd that this is a good one! can't wait to hear how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't care for this one, but I know a lot of people loved it. My book club came down on the side of "pretentious and self-indulgent."

    I'm finding several blogs that are new to me by visiting Teaser Tuesday posts.

    I have a teaser two-fer on Rose City Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I loved it! Hope you will like mine too. It is from Love is Hell, the collection of short stories with a teaser for each one!

    http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I keep picking it up and putting it back down but have yet to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read and heard a lot of conflicting thoughts on this one. My cousin is reading it now and thinks it is great so who knows... I hope you are enjoying it. Have a great week. My teaser and contest link is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen trailer to this movie, but - books are always better than their movie adaptations (plus, I'm not really a fan of Julia Roberts who's in this movie). I can't wait to read what you think about this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You seem to have picked the right page to tease us all. That dialogue and thought are so real!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have it but I still haven't read it yet. I just need TIME. I will read it next. What do you think so far?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see a favorite childhood classic in that suitcase, Charlotte's Web! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big Mama Cass: I haven't actually started it... *looks around guiltily* Tonight for sure, I'm going to start scheduling time for books.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.