Wanna play? Click the pic above and join the fun!
It's cathartic, I promise!
It's cathartic, I promise!
Dear Me From Many Years Ago,
I recently found my your old blog; the very first one we ever wrote in about 6 years ago. I can't believe how much I have grown since then. Reading those old posts brought on a wave of nausea that I hadn't expected, though the slight anxiety I felt before re-reading them should have warned me. The me back then was pathetic and self-loathing. She fawned over men who treated her badly, felt like she was always in the way, and allowed herself to take the blame for nearly everything that happened in that messed up relationship documented on those pages. Those posts showed an ache and growing depression that would never have been cured had I stayed where I was, and my self worth would have always suffered had I not moved on from both that troublesome coupling and sad little blog.
I am so eternally grateful that I left you both behind and have changed my own life for the better. I am so much stronger and self-sufficient. Who would have thought that sad little girl would have become the opinionated optimist I am today? It's a beautiful thing to be able to look back and feel like you've grown so much.
So glad I'm different now.
Dear Ex-Friend With Addiction Issues,
I know I wrote you a letter before, (Dear Addict Acquaintances) but I feel it must be addressed again, seeing as what happened last night. I'm very sorry to hear that you (the wife) were in the Emergency Room due to an overdose; sorry, but not surprised. It's so very sad, but we all knew your habit of taking a handful of Soma along with a handful of uppers (and various other narcotics) would one day lead to this.
I know you are both living very far into denial about your issues, and recently your family has brought it to light that there are several warrants out for your arrest (DUI and Theft, to name a few), as well as several lawsuits against you (probably ex-landlords you screwed over) and you just keep running from your problems. Then you blame everyone around you who only try to help by making you look at the issues and try to solve them.
My heart breaks for your children, as they have had to raise themselves and more recently see you for what you really are. They now have to face the fact that their parents care more about drugs and alcohol than them, and they have to remember how going out and getting drunk was more important than putting food in the refrigerator or being home for family gatherings.
I hope this OD is your wake-up call, and however much I doubt that it will change anything, I will keep hoping for you.
Get Well Soon.
Dear Soggy Rotten Mango,
I hope you're happy with yourself, as you seem to have absolutely no friends left in the office. Seriously, before you blew up at our other coworker, she was the only person (other than the Pothead) who still had your back, and now you'll have no one. You've burned all of your bridges for a guy, and a guy you know will only betray you in the end. He betrayed me, with outright lies and indecencies, and he betrayed her (you know who) after 7 years of committed relationship. How can you not see the result is inevitable for you?
When that result happens, as we all know it will, you will have no one to feel sorry for you. I have no sympathy left for anyone who knowingly makes decisions like these, and then continues to burn her bridges and plummet towards what she has already been warned about.
Oh, and stop giving me dirty looks every time you stand up, I'm just going to start making faces at you.
Soon you'll find Karma is no fun... Have a nice life!
Dear Utah Weather,
Nice April Fools joke, it was the beginning of April and you dumped a bunch of snow on us? That's nuts!
I actually didn't mind this time...
Dear Birthday,
You are in just a few short weeks! I can't wait for you, though I really need to think of something exciting to do with my friends! BBQ maybe? Road trip? I need help with ideas!
Soon To Be 24.
Dear Work,
You haven't told me whether or not your keeping me, and it's starting to scare me. So as much as I'd like to stay, I can't count on that any longer, as there are only 2 weeks left until the Tax Season is over. I need to start looking for another job, and hopefully find something perminant with benefits. "A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush."
Wish me luck.
Dear Readers,
Again, I'm eternally grateful to all of you! Please check out today's other post (Making New Friends Friday) to see which of my lovely followers I put the spotlight on today. I'm going to start making a weekly thing of it! :) I like the idea of showing off the people who matter around here, and hopefully you'll all get a turn because you're all important! :) I have so much love in my heart for you all!
Thanks for all that you do!
Miss Angie
Dear Soggy Rotten Mango,
I hope you're happy with yourself, as you seem to have absolutely no friends left in the office. Seriously, before you blew up at our other coworker, she was the only person (other than the Pothead) who still had your back, and now you'll have no one. You've burned all of your bridges for a guy, and a guy you know will only betray you in the end. He betrayed me, with outright lies and indecencies, and he betrayed her (you know who) after 7 years of committed relationship. How can you not see the result is inevitable for you?
When that result happens, as we all know it will, you will have no one to feel sorry for you. I have no sympathy left for anyone who knowingly makes decisions like these, and then continues to burn her bridges and plummet towards what she has already been warned about.
Oh, and stop giving me dirty looks every time you stand up, I'm just going to start making faces at you.
Soon you'll find Karma is no fun... Have a nice life!
Dear Utah Weather,
Nice April Fools joke, it was the beginning of April and you dumped a bunch of snow on us? That's nuts!
I actually didn't mind this time...
Dear Birthday,
You are in just a few short weeks! I can't wait for you, though I really need to think of something exciting to do with my friends! BBQ maybe? Road trip? I need help with ideas!
Soon To Be 24.
Dear Work,
You haven't told me whether or not your keeping me, and it's starting to scare me. So as much as I'd like to stay, I can't count on that any longer, as there are only 2 weeks left until the Tax Season is over. I need to start looking for another job, and hopefully find something perminant with benefits. "A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush."
Wish me luck.
Dear Readers,
I reached 100 followers!
Again, I'm eternally grateful to all of you! Please check out today's other post (Making New Friends Friday) to see which of my lovely followers I put the spotlight on today. I'm going to start making a weekly thing of it! :) I like the idea of showing off the people who matter around here, and hopefully you'll all get a turn because you're all important! :) I have so much love in my heart for you all!
Thanks for all that you do!
Miss Angie
Good luck with the job! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. And congrats on 100 followers - I'm proud to count myself among them.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 100!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
Hi :)
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you I like reading your letters, in case it isn't obvious. Oh, and congratulations on hitting 100 followers ;)
Glad to hear you've made 100! Happy to be one of them! Thanks for introducing me to this fun little meme! Happy Friday!!
ReplyDeleteyay for 100 followers! you really deserve it :)
ReplyDeleteit is so interesting to look back on yourself and see how you've changed. oh my gosh, me 6 years ago was a TOTALLY different person. i sounds like you've come a long way.
about your birthday- a road trip sounds fun- it would definitely create memories that would last a lifetime!
Hooray!!!! Congrats on hitting 100 followers!
ReplyDelete(pssst I am now 101... I thought I was following but I guess I wasn't :o( FIXED THAT!)
ReplyDeleteYay! Thanks so much everyone!
ReplyDeleteThanks C.G the Foodie for being 101! I'm so stoked that you all are here with me in my journey!
I don't know if I can bring myself to read my old entries... There are things that I would rather forget about. ;p
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday early. 24? Seriously? Wow...I wish I would've turned 24 on my last birthday. :(
ReplyDelete100 followers! Wow...what an accomplishment! Congrats.
Congratulations on 100 followers :) And I can't stress enough how I like these dear so&so posts :) And you know what? if you like writing letters, I found this link on some other blog - basically, this is a site from which you can write an email to your future self :) http://www.futureme.org/ <--that's the link :) I hope you'll like it...By the way, oh my god, I sound like it' some sort of advertisement for this site, haha, don't I. :)))
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this style of post. It was interesting and kind of made a structure within a structure.
ReplyDeleteVery intriquing!
Congrats on breaking 100! And when's your birthday? Mine's in a few weeks too!
ReplyDeleteMissy: It's the 18th! :)
ReplyDeleteI turn 24 on April 16th :) We're bday buddies!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your followers!
Gringa! We are BDAY BUDDIES! YAAAAAAAAAY! Happy birthday to you soon!
ReplyDelete