7.29.2013

Cassiopeia {Musical Mondays & Giveaway)

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway sponsored by wonderful people!  July is sponsored by Joanna Marie Art who is giving away a musical makeover for an old pair of shoes for you!  I'll explain more later in this post-let's get to the music.

This week's song:
Cassiopeia
by Sara Bareilles



Come in close now it's time to tell a story
Long ago and so many years before we ever were
Ever dreamed we even could be
There was her and her very first heart beat
All alone in the corner of the night sky
Spiral bones of a supernova starlight
Fell in love with another burning bright
She dreamed a way to ignite

She said "Tonight,
Come on, come on, collide
Break me to pieces, I
I think you're just like heaven, why
Come on, come on, collide
Let's see what a fire feels like
I'll bet it's just like heaven
Just like heaven, just like heaven...

Such a shame
No where near even the near mist
Light years away from the hope of being sunkissed
Anchored home in her interstellar sea, but
Poor lonely Cassiopeia

So she sighs and she burns with desperation
Learns to cry over love of constellations
Then the spark of a star shooting too close
They both smiled
What a day to explode

She said "Tonight,
Come on, come on, collide
Break me to pieces, I
I think you're just like heaven, why
Come on, come on, collide
Let's see what a fire feels like
I'll bet it's just like heaven
Just like heaven, just like heaven...

Long ago in a sky built before us
A supernova grew up to be star dust

I know I picked a Sara Bareilles song last week as well, but I can't help but choose another.  Her new album The Blessed Unrest is fantastic and I've been listening to it on repeat since it came out.   She played with sound on a lot of these songs and when Cassiopeia came on at first I thought "What is this?" but after listening to it once... then three times, I was madly in love with it and belting it out in the car right along with her.  

It's passionate, and let's face it-I need a little more passion in my life!  I feel like she's begging the stars to allow her to feel some kind of great love, something that shakes her up inside and leaves her feeling that fire... I haven't felt that fire in a long time.  

What are you listening to?
Please make sure you grab the button or link back if you're linking up.

Musical Mondays





Now for the giveaway:
The last day to enter is Wednesday, July 31st! 
Joanna Marie Art is giving away a musical makeover for an old pair of your shoes! You'll mail her an old pair of shoes (heels recommended, but not required-though you may have to work out with her if they're something too far off) and she'll give them a sheet music makeover like her cute heels shown in this post!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is open to US & Canada only.  Entries will be verified.
You will have to ship your heels to Joanna in the US.  See rafflecopter for full terms and conditions.
xoxo Miss Angie

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like this song Angie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovedy love Sara Bareilles! Great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss Angie! I just noticed you followed my new blog. Thank you so much!:) I just noticed how big your blog has gotten... over 2400 followers!? HOLY COW! You are amazing:)

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll! I busted out some old Jane's Addiction to start my Musical Monday off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun link-up. I checked out the shop and know my oldest would fall in love with the Marvel Avengers Handmade Blank Journal. She's always needing more sketchbooks and LOVES the Avengers. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard this song before, well I don't remember hearing it before so thank you I liked it

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.