I'm in a horrible mood today. A lot of it could be due to the lack of sleep last night because people set off fireworks outside my window well into this morning... Even more of it could be due to the fact that some days I come into work and all I can think is how I can't do it anymore. It's so frustration to feel like the only one who cares about my job, and to get no support from management when I need help.
I Confess...
I don't really care for the 4th of July. I'm not really overly patriotic and I almost always have to work the next day which makes the fact that there are people out my window talking and setting fireworks off until 5am frustrating. It also doesn't help that watching fireworks feels like a "couple" or "family" thing, and I have neither really. I don't think I've spent this holiday with anyone (literally anyone-not even friends) in at least 5 years. It just feels like a stupid holiday that I have to spend alone every single year.
I pretty much just spent the evening moping around watching Sex and the City and not feeling well.
I Confess...
This Friday Confessional link up was started years ago by Mamarazzi and then taken over by High-Heeled Love... Now another blogger I follow has started one that is almost identical. Do you say something about the copying or do you just let it go?
I Confess...
My vacation needs to hurry up, because I'm just about to the point where I can't take much more of anything. I need out of here. It's bad enough I've thought about just walking out and I can't do that because there are bills that need to be paid.

I'm in a pretty crappy mood myself today. Hopefully it will get better this afternoon! And I would let it go...maybe they didn't know something similar was out there? Plus, do you really want to get involved in that drama? :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your unhappy mood. I hope the weekend is great for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm a pretty patriotic person, but I just couldn't really get into it this year. And I even went to a baseball game and fireworks show. You can't get much more American than that.
Bless your heart! I haven't finished my post yet, but it might even be worse than yours, so you might want to skip it!
ReplyDeleteTeenagers with fireworks scare me, and they start countless fires every year. Plus they're illegal where we live but it doesn't stop them. I don't mind the professional fireworks shows, but the getting there and back is scary because of drunk boaters.
I feel about New Year's Eve the way you feel about Independence Day.
xo,
RJ
Sorry you're having a crappy day!! I totally understand your pain about your job.
ReplyDeleteIf it brightens your day just a little I was able to hang up on a rude customer Wednesday and today. Sometimes it's the little things.
So here's the crazy thing about the 4th of July.. I used to celebrate it all the time with my family. It really was good times and great American holiday. Well, a few months ago I listened to an interview with Chris Rock on NPR and he was talking about some controversial tweet that he made on July 4th of last year. He apparently said black people weren't free so it's really not our Independence Day.
Man..that really got me thinking and yesterday I just had very conflicted feeling about the holiday because it's true. If this was prior to the Civil War.. I wouldn't be celebrating my independence because I wouldn't be free.
Anyway..it was just food for thought for me and I did nothing because I had homework to do. Doing nothing is always good too.
I think there are a few blogs that do confessional friday. I don't really know how that works. Sorry things have been kinda crappy for you. I'm at work feeling totally blah! Hope it gets better.
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the fireworks thing. I love them, but really how inconsiderate to go past normal bed times?
ReplyDeleteHmm...not sure on what to do about the other blogger?
Heres hoping you have a fantastic weekend.
i confess i love the drunk weekend idea though can i crash on your sofa if i can't walk straight
ReplyDeleteI think yesterday was a hard day for just about all of us who had to work. I know that I had a late night due to other neighbors and fireworks. Let's cross our fingers that your vacation arrives quickly without any incidents at work.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the other blogger is concerned. I wouldn't sweat it. Someone I know completely knocked off the Weekly Round-Up, too, (after linking up and promoting ours for about 3 weeks) but there isn't much that can be done about it. I'm going to go with imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party! Have a fabulous weekend.
As far as the copying goes, I would probably let it go. There's so many blogs out there, there's bound to be a few similar ideas. If she has the exact same button, I maybe would say something!
ReplyDeleteLack of sleep will absolutely do that. :(
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better now! People are still setting off firecrackers and fireworks (had a huge one go off last night). I'd like to box their ears for being such inconsiderate douchecanoes!
I also never thought of Independence Day celebrations as a family or couple thing....I think kids are more excited about it, and also frat-boy-types who like blowing stuff up and drinking craptastic beer. But I've never ONCE thought "you know what this date needs? fireworks". I think you, like the rest of us, is over it.
...ARE, not IS. Are over it. Lack of coffee- sorry.
DeleteWe had fireworks going Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...thankfully not too late. I think they must have been local city fireworks...but they did seem overly loud, so who knows.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry work has been a headache for you. I hope your vacation hurries up and gets here!