7.30.2013

Party Like You're 23 (& Suffer Because You're Not)

I learned a valuable lesson this weekend: I'm not 23 anymore.  My body does not handle liquor, even when it's under Utah liquor laws (a.k.a 1.5 shots per drink) and therefor not as much...

Friday night was Shawn's birthday celebration.  Josh and I met at Shawn & Justin's and we all went out to El Chihuahua for Death Stars (giant fruity beverages filled with liquor) and Mexican food, followed by Tryangles (a very chill gay bar) where we had Tequila shots and AMFs on the patio.  By the time we returned to Shawn's house I had indulged in two deathstars, a tequila shot, and an AMF and I was gone... I spilled the rest of my Poblano Mole Enchiladas all over Justin's back seat and then couldn't handle watching the movie with them so I crashed in their guest room until Josh woke me up to go home.

I was miserable by morning, and managed to have a hangover that woke me up in order to throw up.  No bueno.  I definitely think I'm sticking to beer and wine for the rest of ever.  It was totally worth it though.  I've been feeling a lack of close friends since a few have coupled up and disappeared, so meeting a bunch of Shawn's really cool friends was awesome.  I hope to get to hang out with them more often now! 


Saturday was our friend Tia's birthday party, and I had already decided after spending the morning exhausted and ill that I would be the designated driver as I had no desire to drink at all.  I nursed bottled water all night and was the lame sober one at the party, but we had an awesome time there too!

Look how much fun they all had dirty dancing together.  Tia (the birthday girl) is on the far left.  Also neither of these boys really appreciate the sandwich they're in, if you catch my drift...


It is the first party I've ever been to where there was a beer bong-and all of Tia's friends are so diverse in age, personality, and lifestyle that it's a great mix of people.


As you can see these two ladies took it like a champ, go them!  And of course there is some doggy cuteness up there too.  Jon has Charlie (who looks like a little lion) on his shoulder, and the second one is Elvira, who is one of the cutest pitties ever.

How was your weekend?
xoxo Miss Angie
Linking up with:

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend!! I'm 23 and I hardly drink now days, so I probably couldn't even drink like I was.. well before I was legal that's for sure ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girrrrl, you're not kidding. i don't bounce out of bed in the a.m. like i used to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there comes a point when the body says, "I don't think so!" Just wait. It'll happen for the "safer" drinks, too. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo :( I have never had much of a tolerance, but I definitely can't do alcohol anymore. I had a glass of wine a few days ago and I couldn't even get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you were able to get out and not feel abandoned. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hear ya. I have learned quite recently that I do not handle liquor very well - at ALL. I'm sticking to beer & wine also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember learning that lesson. Not fun, but it's awesome that you were able to enjoy yourself anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, sounds like a horrible hangover (and not a fun drunk, either). I don't like going past tipsy, personally, as things cease being fun for me. And the hangover is NEVER worth it. Your poor body! I'm glad you're feeling better...be aware, especially with wine, you can get just as hungover with the sugars and whatnot. A lighter alcohol content can still screw you over.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.