5.18.2010

Chances

One of my very dear friends just experienced his first breakup.   Luckily it wasn't very messy, as it was for very good reasons and they both agreed that they still love each other and hope to someday have a better chance in the future when some things are out of the way.  They handled it with much more grace and maturity than most people, but as many of you know (I know very well) no matter how amicable the breakup, it still hurts like hell.

I've been talking to him and helping him get through it, and in discussing things he'd hoped for in the future with this person, I stopped to remind him that there was still a chance for it in the future.  He replied "That's all I want."

Just a chance... 

That set me to thinking, isn't that exactly what any of us want? 

On many an occasion I have sat and talked with a single male friend, and many of those I found attractive or had feelings for in some way.  They'd get to talking about girls they'd loved and wanted, and all the heartache they'd been through, and one thought would resonate within me; "if you'd had me instead of her, you wouldn't be hurting like this."  All I had wanted was a chance.  A chance to prove to them that I was that amazing person they were looking for, but they hadn't noticed it right in front of their face.  I had been overlooked for some little reason, and they would go on to continue dating girls that wouldn't treat them right.

I too, only want a chance.  A chance to show that I am the best decision, and that I could really make them happy, if only they'd give me a moment to prove it.

Chance favors the prepared mind. - Louis Pasteur

(Source)

Be prepared, it's my chance next.

9 comments:

  1. Sweetie...Your time will come...Never loose hope, be positive...and it will shine through. Know what you are looking for in a Man...i think also that it takes a long time to find the one who treats you right :) I am so glad that you are a great friend and there for your guy friend :)
    Thank you for your visit!
    Oh, i still can't believe it!
    Gros bisous
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true. a chance is all we ever want. sometimes it's scary to actually get the chance, though, because you don't want to mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last relationship was all about chances, but in the end it just wasn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're chance will come miss. I know it. You're so passionate, and honest...
    Keep believing in yourself, and one day, when the time is right, Mr Right will realize he believes in you & him... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your comment about my dog :-)
    Means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep focusing on the relationship that you want. You've already proven that you are strong enough not to settle for a relationship that is bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very true. All of us need that elusive "one chance" that we think could set things in the right pace going forward, that could help strike the balance we have been seeking. Just "one chance". I am sure there is a man for you who is looking for that "one chance" to meet the woman of his life and he will get his chance when he meets you. Cheers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it sounds so cliche' but I really believe that the it comes when you least expect it. That was exactly how it worked out for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. hugs my grandma use to tell me things happen when you are making other plans so maybe it's the same with love when you're not looking it will sneak up on you

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.