I've been trying so very hard to remain my usually optimistic and positive self; but I'm at my breaking point right now. Lately, I've been making an effort not to talk about work on my blog, even though it gets mentioned here now and again; I've kept a lot of the details private. Today, I think I'll go ahead and share a few of those details. I do so, in hopes that you'll all understand why I have been slacking when it comes to leaving comments on your blogs and updating mine with actual content and not filler. I love quotes and pretty pictures, but let's face it-it's been my excuse to not have to sit down and write.
When my last job was about to lay me off (most of you remember me praying for them to keep me) I took another job as a "just in case" scenario. That scenario became reality as they didn't keep me on at the end of the season, with which it turned into an "until I find something better, or the last job takes me back" job. I severely disliked it from the very start, but kept telling myself something better would come along.
The reasons I don't like it? A: The facility is severely ghetto, and I don't say that lightly. The grounds are covered (and I do mean literally covered) by several thousand cigarette butts that never get cleaned up and the bathroom is disgusting and too often stalls are unavailable do to used sanitary supplies and clogged toilets. AND B: The pay is pretty low for training, and then it turns into performance based pay. Now, I like to give it all I have, so I should do pretty well... BUT, it's also the type of job where you're only being paid for the time on a call. If I'm at work on time, sitting there waiting for a call to come in and it's slow, I'm not getting paid. This has me severely stressed.
Well, in the course of looking for something else, an old manager from an old job of mine (from 2 years ago) emailed me to say they'd fired some of the upper management that had outsourced the company to India, and they wanted to hire me back. I applied, interviewed, and was told I had done very very well. They called and offered me the job. No benefits, but the raise in pay was significant enough to make up for any of that. I accepted. The next day they called and changed their minds. I was pretty upset...
Luckily for me, the very same day they reneged on their offer, my most recent job called and told me to reapply for the new positions they had available, and so I did. I am now waiting for their reply with strong hopes and crossed fingers. I would very much like to go back to work there, and I know that my most recent experiences will make me one of the most grateful employees they have. I don't think I'll take my job for granted ever again, if I can only get one I like. I like that company. I like the product, and I know it well enough to do a good job and continue to learn more.
I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about my work situation right now, and I kind of want to go curl up in bed and hide from it all... However, I can't. Ever the responsible one, I'll keep trekking back and forth to a job I hate, while searching diligently for one that I can really shine in. I'm an excellent employee.
Keep your fingers crossed for me friends, and please be patient with my absence and lack of comments. I'm still here and reading, I just sometimes don't have the energy to leave word or write a detailed post... Hopefully when the stress calms down I'll be back in full force.
I love you all!

I hope that your job situation resolves itself happily soon. I know that it is horrible to do a job you loathe day after day. All I know to do is tell you to keep praying about it. To God or the Universe... not sure what your belief system is, but it all really is the same thing, just different names. Anyway, I will send up a prayer for you and send positive energy your way.
ReplyDeleteAngie dear,
ReplyDeleteI am going to pray hard for your job situation tonight sweet lady. I am so disappointed that an employer would call and offer you a job and then call back and change their minds. Shame on them for subjecting you to such treatment.
Please let me know how you are doing!
Blessings to you dear lady
I know first hand just how stressed out work and looking for work can become-and I know how that stress can severely affect your mood. No need to apologize for not blogging...you've got a lot on your mind.
ReplyDeleteoh goodness! I can feel your pain. I got laid off, then rehired within a few months... and the company is shutting down now.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you - I'll keep you in my prayers and look for an update!
Praying for you. Those jobs that got away may not be the best for you. Something better may be coming.
ReplyDeleteSending you all my fingers and toes crossed, lots of prayers and most of all, many ((hugs))!!
ReplyDeleteWe are just ghosts with voices, but we are all here for you.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
Good luck on getting your new/old job back. Don't stress not being around - we will still be here when you get back. *smiles*
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the job situation. I really do hope it all works out for you.
ReplyDeleteSometimes what we need is a good vent.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything starts to work out as you want it to. I'm praying for you girly!
:)
I love that last pic! LOL :-D
ReplyDeleteJokes apart, I wish well for you. All the best. May you receive what you have been anxiously awaiting -- the call, the job! :-)