Hello lovelies, welcome to the first Musical Mondays of 2015. I'm so happy to have you! If you're new around here, or just stopping in for the first time, Musical Mondays is a weekly link-up that happens every Monday and focuses on music and why it makes us feel the way it does. The idea is that you post something music related on your blog, and link it up. Then visit the other linked posts and make sure you enter the monthly giveaway. Bonus points if you tell us why you chose that song, or write something about how it makes you feel or how you relate to it-but anything goes as long as it's music related.
My song this week is:
Nightingale
by Demi Lovato
I can't sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line but I'm bruised
I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero, is it you?
[Chorus]
I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me
Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace, sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale
Somebody speak to me 'cause I'm feeling like hell
Need you to answer me, I'm overwhelmed
I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home
I need a star to follow, I don't know
[Chorus]
I don't know what I'd do without you
Your words are like a whisper cutting through
As long as you are with me here tonight I'm good
Can you be my nightingale?
Feels so close-I know you're there
Oooh, nightingale sing to me I know you're there
'Cause baby you're my sanity
You bring me peace, sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale
I hadn't heard this song before but it's sweet and I can definitely relate to it. I think Demi is definitely growing into her music and away from the teenager we saw on the Disney channel, without going totally crazy like certain other child-singer/actresses, and so far I'm liking it.
I can definitely relate to this song right now. It's the new year, and while that generally spurs the need to make change, I find myself looking at my life and thinking "what am I doing?" The truth is, I have no idea-especially when it comes to my love life. I want someone special in my life, but I don't have any desire or the energy to put the effort out for it. Recently, I recreated my dating profile on OKC and have gotten a few messages, but it looks like a few months off weren't enough, because I still feel so blah about it. There's this conflict inside me between wanting to have someone, wanting the someone I can't have, and wanting to not date at all. What a pain!
So I'm feeling a little introspective, and well, a little lost on that front in particular. However, school starts in a week and thankfully, I won't have much time to worry about it after that. Hopefully. Ha!
What are you listening to this week?
Write about, link it up, enter the giveaway, and check out the other partiers! Make sure to grab the button!
Love this song! I agree with you...Demi's songs seem a bit more adult now and the lyrics really are amazing! I can def feel the emotion in her voice! I'll be linking up for the first time...so excited to participate this year! Here's hoping you will find what you are searching for this New Year!
ReplyDeleteIf I won the giveaway I would probably use it to purchase the Disney Into The Wood's soundtrack!
ReplyDeletei would probably buy Megan Trainor's new cd!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I've preordered it, so exciting!
ReplyDeleteAh! I need to see that.
ReplyDeleteHappy to have you! :D
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I kind of dig Demi Lovato. And this is a good song!
ReplyDelete