It's time for Day 5 of the 500 Follower Giveaway Extravaganza!
Don't forget Days 1-4 (click on the pictures below to go enter those too!)
Today's giveaway is brought to you by Sweet Emily of Opaque Dream.
I first met Emily a few years back and we spent a little time together before she took off on a journey that would be filled with crazy adventures, a little love and a lot of creativity.
Let's get to know her a bit better!
Tell me a little bit about yourself and your life:
I live in a van with the love of my life and our two cats, driving across the country and experiencing new things. I went from being a sheltered girl who rarely left her home state to an experienced traveller in less than a year, and my perspectives have been forever changed because of it. Right now I'm staying in a beautiful city full of quirky people, pushing forward with my dream of making crafting my career.
When did you get started making these lovely things?
I decided to explore my interest in sewing and fashion during the summer of 2010, and was instantly hooked on clothing. Unfortunately, life happened and I found myself living as a travelling hippie a van with no room for patterns and fabric, but I was so desperate to be making something that I switched over to yarn -- improving my crochet skills and teaching myself to knit. A couple of months ago I found giant spools and rayon floss for sale at the local Goodwill, and couldn't pass them up. I fell in love with the results, and that has been my focus ever since.
Why did you start?
Aside from my obsessive need to create and be artistic, I also enjoy learning new skills and conquering new challenges. Not to mention, the days were becoming rather monotonous and I was a bit tired of reading Terry Pratchet.
Aside from my obsessive need to create and be artistic, I also enjoy learning new skills and conquering new challenges. Not to mention, the days were becoming rather monotonous and I was a bit tired of reading Terry Pratchet.
What is your favorite thing about it?
I love how a long thin strand can be transformed into just about anything, like a pair of gloves or a piece of jewelry. It blows my mind every time I see it happen.
Where would you like to take this hobby/career?
I don't know. I'm more interested in seeing where it takes me.
Anything else interesting about it?
Rayon is very smooth and shiny. I don't think that I'll ever grow tired of that.
What is she giving away?
One winner will receive a blue crocheted double wrap bracelet with hematite colored beads!
To Qualify:
*US Residents Only
*Since this is a 500 Follower giveaway, you MUST be a follower.
Not a follower? That's ok-click the follow button at the top or to the right! :)
Note: Trying out Rafflecopter for the giveaway. If you previously entered and left comments, they will still count-new entries will go through here.
Click read more to enter!
Not a follower? That's ok-click the follow button at the top or to the right! :)
Note: Trying out Rafflecopter for the giveaway. If you previously entered and left comments, they will still count-new entries will go through here.
Click read more to enter!
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for Day 6 of giveaway goodness!



First off, OMG I LOVE THIS STUFF!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower! & add my +10 please!
Added etsy to my favorites!
ReplyDeleteAdded etsy to my favorites! (2)
ReplyDeleteLiked Opaque Dreams on FB
ReplyDeleteI like youuuu on FB
ReplyDeleteI have your button on my sidebar
ReplyDeleteI have your button on my sidebar 2
ReplyDeleteI have your button on my sidebar 3
ReplyDeleteGiveaway button is on my sidebar
ReplyDeleteGiveaway button is on my sidebar 2
ReplyDeleteGiveaway button is on my sidebar 3
ReplyDeleteI love the double wrap bracelet. I am a follower!
ReplyDeleteI like you on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteI follow, and I love the Elegant Fingerless Gloves Crocheted with Light Blue Rayon Floss. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteI favorited Opaque Dreams on Etsy. :D
ReplyDeleteI favorited Opaque Dreams on Etsy. :D
ReplyDeleteI Liked Opaque Dreams on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteI liked My So-Called Chaos on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteVisit Opaque Dream and come back and leave a comment letting me know both what you fell in love with, and that you're a follower.
ReplyDeleteI am a follower and this is my favorite:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/83383648/elegant-fingerless-gloves-crocheted-with
Favorite Opaque Dream on Etsy. (+2)
ReplyDeletedid it!
SarahW1107 username on Esty
"Like" Opaque Dream on Facebook. (+1)
ReplyDeleteDid it!
Favorited on etsy, liked her on fb, like you on fb, sidebar.
ReplyDelete+8
Posting
ReplyDeletelots of
ReplyDeleterandom
ReplyDeletecomments
ReplyDeleteto enter
ReplyDeleteinto
ReplyDeletethe drawing.
ReplyDeletefavorited on etsy entry #1
ReplyDeletedandy walker
truwinner@gmail.com
favorited on etsy entry #2
ReplyDeletedandy walker
truwinner@gmail.com
like opaque dream fb
ReplyDeleteAnn Heilman Parker
truwinner@gmail.com
like my so called life on fb
ReplyDeleteAnn Heilman Parker
truwinner@gmail.com
following my so called life on twitter
ReplyDelete@truparkers
truwinner@gmail.com
i wouldn't mind having the dark burgundy fingerless gloves.
ReplyDeletei am also a follower of your blog.
i liked opaque dream on facebook.
ReplyDeletei liked my so called chaos on facebook.
ReplyDeletei added your giveaway button to my sidebar.
ReplyDeleteyep i added your giveaway button to my sidebar.
ReplyDeleteyour giveaway button is on my sidebar.
ReplyDeleteI like the triple bound necklace.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous stuff! She's totally right about rayon being an awesome material to work with.
ReplyDeleteI love the double wrap bracelet.
ReplyDeleteI am completely in love with your crocheted gloves :) They are very unique and super cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the Elegant Fingerless Gloves Crocheted With Light Blue Rayon Floss
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
I love the Elegant Fingerless Gloves, too! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite item is the Double Wrap Bracelet Crocheted With Burgundy Rayon Floss and Hematite Seed Beads
ReplyDeleteCynthia.Richardson@azbar.org
I really like the Elegant Fingerless Gloves Crocheted With Light Blue Rayon Floss
ReplyDeletepd6914 at gmail dot com
I think the Mesh Kerchief would make a nice gift
ReplyDeleteLove the triplebound necklace.
ReplyDelete