Bold
What a word with so many enticing things synced up with it.
We go to a coffee shop and order bold coffee.
Strong and rich and dark.
We bold letters to draw ones attention to it.
We stop before speaking, and start with
"If I may be so bold..."
Is asking permission to be bold, actually bold?
* Fearless before danger/showing or requiring a fearless daring spirit
* Assured, Confident
* Adventurous, Free bold thinker>
* Standing out prominently
The word bold makes it's appearance in many of history's quotes...
"Fortune favors the bold." - Virgil
"Freedom lies in being bold." - Robert Frost
Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful." - William Shakespeare
"How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved." - Sigmund Freud
I want to live boldly.
To no longer want to be afraid to go out and be myself.
Speaking my mind with honesty, and skill.
Standing out and living fiercely.
Bright.
Beautiful.
Bold.
All images via we♥it
***
Don't forget to check out my giveaway!
Handcrafted by ME!
Go ahead and boldly click on the button below!
What a fun post for this morning. I had never thought of all the way's of bold being used. Your images go great with your post.
ReplyDeleteI suppose I will boldly go get some work done.
YES! Boldness rules! I remember being bold when I was younger, which was essentially not being afraid of looking like a fool/offending anyone/having to say I was wrong later. I miss that.
ReplyDeleteBut also, I think, it's going after something you want, regardless of the possibility of failure. And being outspoken when you need to be. And going out and taking chances. And you definitely do those things, and I'm sure will always do them. :D
Very good post. I often wish I could be more bold. I'm too reserved by far.
ReplyDeleteI feel you. I often wish I could be more bold. I think that it will come as we get older, and more comfortable in our skin. Although at 31 I thought I would have reached that point by now.
ReplyDeleteConfident post. I like it.
ReplyDeleteLoved your blog!
ReplyDeletesnackbarreviews.blogspot.com
I was comfortable in my skin then saw my marriage break... my friends fade... then hit 40 with a thump. I am trying to figure out a way to be bold again.
ReplyDeleteTrying.
M
Feels so good to read some of my favorite blogs again. I have been away for a long long time and shall be trying very hard to return on to the mainstream very soon. Until then, be bold and beautiful like you always have been. :-)
ReplyDeleteBold. I qualify. I typically call myself obnoxious and wicked awesome but today I'm going to be bold. It's Friday. Soon, it will be Friday night. I'm about to get all Bold up in there. (That didn't sound right at all but I'm going to roll with it).
ReplyDeleteA great post. So well said!
ReplyDelete