12.13.2010

Musical Mondays: December Never Felt So Wrong...


This week's choice:

Wintersong
Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles





***

I am so completely in love with this song right now.  I love both of these artists individually, but together they're even more brilliant. The music, the voices, the video (awesome video) and especially the lyrics.  You know me by now, I'm a lyrics girl. 

This song has the ability to make me simultaneously feel warm and fuzzy (because I love it so much) and to feel desolate and deeply saddened.  It's another December for me.. Another cold and snowy winter with no one by my side... No one to sit and cuddle by the tree and watch the snow fall.  Family parties where everyone is with someone, and more questions that I dread, especially the "When are you going to settle down and start a family?" question that extended relatives are so fond of.  I do not look forward to these inquisitions.

Is love alive?  I have no idea... But part of me hopes so.  I hope by next Christmas I have found that special someone, and they'll be right where they belong-inside my arms. 

***

What song did you pick this week?
Link Up!


While you're here, don't forget to check out my giveaway.
Only 3 days left to enter!

5 comments:

  1. we totally have the same taste in music. while I've never heard that song. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, and it makes me imagine so many things. It reminds me of the Christmas I went to my parents' house, leaving Mo behind in Utah. Although we'd only been together a couple months at that point, she had quickly become home for me... I also imagine a mother singing it to her children, children she cannot be with for some reason or another. Perhaps the beauty of this song is that it is so widely applicable to many kinds of relationships...

    You could always tell the relatives that you'll settle down and start a family as soon as the laws change. That just might shut them up!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the first time I have heard that song, but it is wonderful. I love both of those artists! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song is beautiful and sad, and definitely made me teary-eyed. Thank you.

    I understand the depressing/annoying relatives inquisition (although, not having Mormon family members, the pressure is not as great for me). I think we all experience it, at some time, on some level. And I would bet good money that, even if you were married, there would be an inquisition about when you were gonna have kids, or more kids, or where you live, or how you're raising your kids....people who have expectations on what your pace in life should be seem to always have an opinion about it.

    The answer to the question "when are you going to...?" is always "when *I* am ready to". Because (and I need reminding of this all the time, myself) it is YOUR life to live as YOU want on YOUR own pace and speed. I think it would be a great tragedy if you settled down with a man who was less than your equal, at any time in your life. You have until age 40 to start having kids, which means you have plenty of time to find your life match. And even after that, you have another ten years to adopt before your body will start slowing down in ways that restrict your ability to be active with your kids.

    But I know that you're impatient to have someone to share love with, because you're a very loving person with a huge heart. And he's coming, hun. I know he is. Your light burns too brightly for him to miss seeing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! As you know from my tweet, I absolutely adore this song. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.