2.16.2010

RTT: Love's a Bitch, Let's Take A Break

 


♥ So I've decided that I'm taking a break from the dating world.  Honestly, I'm tired of trying to "force it."  I'm going to focus on me, finally go buy that bike I want and try and make myself happy and whole again.  Besides, I figure it'll be when I give up on it and let it be that I'll finally find something great.

★  My friend Jon's crazy girlfriend left him yesterday.  Her excuse?  She didn't like the way he eats, said he looks like a slob.  How lame of an excuse is that?  To be fair, the girl did abandon her child, which I can't even fathom.  Anyway, apparently she thought they were in a "casual relationship" and not exclusive, so she freaked when he told her he loved  her.  News flash-You don't move in with someone (one bedroom apartment none-the-less) if you're just in a casual relationship.

☀ Mamarazzi's Swap is coming up!  I love this thing, and I'm sooooo excited!  Go play along, and get a lovely package in the mail while brightening someone else's day.

☛ Also, if you haven't read about my super-fun Valentine's day, GO DO IT

☯ I love my friends SOOOOO much.  Every day spent with them is a gift.  Last night Josh and I took Chinese food over to Jon's to cheer him up, and even though he was kind of sad (and I don't like that part) I had a really awesome time hanging out with them both.  I'm feeling very lovey right now, and I just want them both to know how much I appreciate them.  Thanks for being so much to me guys!

✈ My friend Cristín told me she might be getting me a buddy pass to travel with her this summer!  That would be sooooo awesome!  Only like $400 round trip.  I need to get my passport.

♠ Also, I'm off of my Verbal Warning (for attendance at work) on the 18th.  Finally!  I've made it 60 days keeping my nose fairly down, and now I wont have to stress quite so much about it!

☢ Something funny-The Mango (a.k.a Cunty McCunterson from previous letters) left a V-day gift for the Musician that one guy screwing everyone in the office's ex girlfriend of 7 years.  You know, the one she screwed over by playing friends and then sleeping with the guy she was in love with.  The ex was shocked, we laughed and told her she should just give it back.  She didn't, she just chucked it.

☣ Also, said man in question ↑ isn't cut out for internet dating because he can't talk to a girl for that long.  FUNNY!  Roommate clarified, he said it really means "he can't talk to a girl that long without getting laid."  Sound's about right.

 ☮ It's all good though.  I read a funny funny funny SUPER FUNNY post about alternate greeting cards for Valentine's Day over at Journey & Adventure.  The one that fits the most for me is  
As the days go by I think of how lucky I am, that you're not here to ruin it for me.
♈ My birthday is in 2 months!  I'm super super psyched!

♬ My absolute favorite song right now is Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine.  My status message yesterday read: 
I heard your heart beating, 
you were in the darkness too, 
so I stayed in the darkness with you...
Those are lyrics from it, which you can check out here.  Go Youtube the song, I'd post it but work doesn't allow Youtube.


7 comments:

  1. I know how those warnings can be at work I once had 2 written and a verbal when you got fired at 3 written was going through rough time in life but bounced back as I am sure you will

    take your time never know when the right person will come around the corner and when you are not so stressed you may have more of a chance to see them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful randomness. What a lame reason to leave someone.

    Have a great RT.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/2-entrehaunted-sites-boohes-pregnant.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....living together and didn't realize it was serious? Who thinks that? Crazy.

    My birthday is in 1 month. I am not excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great randomness today! I agree - now that you've given up on dating, something fantastic will happen, but in the meantime - take plenty of time for yourself. Oh, thanks for the mention - glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of a few I could have sent that sentiment to back in the day...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I live in some kind of crazy universe... but isn't "I love you" supposed to come before "let's move in!"???????

    But then, maybe I think this way because in Lezzy World, cohabitating with somebody in a place of residence that you share exclusively with one another = marriage. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking control of your life. Redeeming yourself is the theme that I see here. That's nice!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.