2.01.2010

Get To Know Me Better


Isha tagged me to write 25 random things about myself, so I figured it's a great opportunity to let my readers get to know me a little better!
  1. I can cook potatoes amazingly well.  Mashed or fried, they just turn out really good!
  2. I've always had a savior complex.  I think I'm getting better at it now though.
  3. I give people too many chances.  I think it's my tendency to look for the good in people.
  4. I'm big on balance.  I like life to be balanced.
  5. I'm normally really optimistic, unless someone else really is, then I balance it by becoming the pessimist. 
  6. I love a good TV series that can pull me in and make me fall for the characters.  Right now, it's Leverage.
  7. I want to be a writer, and have many ideas and no motivation currently.
  8. I think my life would be incomplete if I didn't blog.  It's a need!
  9. I'm empathic.  If someone around me is feeling something, I feel it too.  This can suck, or it can be awesome, just depends...
  10. I am following 107 blogs and I read them all.  In fact, on average I run out of posts to read before the first half of the work day is over, so y'all need to write more!
  11. Equality is the biggest political issue currently to me.  There isn't anything that will fire me up or piss me off more than injustice or closed minds.
  12. I fall in love so easily.  With everything and everyone.  I would never change this about myself.
  13. I'm addicted to crafting.  Right now I'm on a crochet kick, and spent 60 bucks on mostly yarn and cute underwear (it was red and pink and all valentines-ish!) the other day.
  14. My friends are my family, and vice-versa. 
  15. I'm a super protective friend, and would die for most of the people in my life.
  16. I am going back to college to major in Psychology with an emphasis on gender roles and sexuality.
  17. I'm an attention whore!  I even love to be teased because people are paying attention to me.  Blame it on my Aries sign and the fact that I'm the first born. 
  18. When my friends come to me for advice, I love it.  I like feeling like I have something to offer.
  19. When people ask me about my religion, I tell them I believe in the Universe.  God = The Universe.  The Universe = God.  That's just the way it is for me.  It's all too much to understand, and I think we personify the concept of God to help us get through life.
  20. It makes me sad that I don't read as much anymore.  I used to be a 7 books a week girl, and now I"m down to 7 a year.. If that.  :(  I need to read more.
  21. Life gets too overwhelming for me sometimes, and that's when I go into full-on hermit mode and disappear for a while.  Usually I'm curled up on my couch with chocolate and Grey's Anatomy.
  22. Grey's Anatomy and cheesy vampire romance novels (NOT TWILIGHT-The ones with actual sex) are my guilty pleasure.
  23. I'm a total fag-hag or fruit fly.  Whichever term you like more.  I just attract them and vice-versa.  The Roommie says it's cuz I'm a gay man at heart.  I'm down with that.
  24. Experiencing things is something I'm good at.  I believe everything is a new experience and I want to feel it all!
  25. I love that the people who read my blog, and who's blogs I read have become like an on line family for me.  I hope you all know just how much I appreciate you, and how much reading what you have to say, and knowing your listening to me as well has made a difference in my life! 
Know that you all matter so much to me!

So, as the train goes along, I need to tag 25 people as well.  Here they are, so check them out and if you like their blogs, follow along!
  1. Lissa Marie - Who was one of my first followers and my swap partner! 
  2. Josh - My roommate and awesome awesome best friend!
  3. My Aunt Jenny - This woman is amazing and her kids are adorable!
  4. Heather - My super-awesome BFF and coworker!
  5. Sam - Friend from High School who has a beautiful new baby!
  6. Dawn - Who doesn't follow, but reads my blog.  Hope to get to know you!
  7. Katie - In Paris, and an amazing person!  I love learning from her!
  8. My Momma - Because she's gorgeous, so no smiley faces over your pic!
  9. Lexi - My coworkers wife, who gives me tons of crafty ideas!
  10. Beth - Who has been an inspiration to me for many years now!
  11. Sophia - There is NO ONE like her.  She's beautiful and unique!
  12. Miss Candy - I love this woman so much and I've never met her!
  13. Andy - Awesome in and of himself!
  14. Tori - My coworker who rocks-my-socks-off!
  15. Eli - We understand each other's bitchy side.
  16. Mary - Poor dear is on bed rest, I figure she could use something like this!
  17. Jen - She started following me, and I'm excited to try some of her recipes!
  18. Missy - My newest follower on both Blogspot and Twitter!
  19. Captain Dumbass - He is awesome!  To the max!
  20. Angel - One of my dearest friends and I LOVE her!
  21. Vittal - Who writes beautifully and leaves amazing comments!
  22. Trey - One of my absolute favorite bloggers!  To read and get advice from!
  23. M S - A nice blogger from The Philippines.
  24. Raven - A very funny pagan lady whom I heart!
  25. Kara - Who's so busy and I miss her blog posts!

8 comments:

  1. OMG - you tagged me! I was reading through thinking about the comment I was planning to make and then there I am, right on the tag list! So nice. Thanks!

    Anyway - if there is ONE thing I wish I would have done education-wise, it would have been a degree in psychology. Because I use the pop-psychology I've had to glean along the way EVERY day!

    Can't wait to do my own 25 things - in a few days. I'll let you know when! Thanks again!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, we are alike! I love to read cheesy vampire novels too! HAve you read the sookie stackhouse novels? they are amongst my favorite :) I'm a reader too- but with classes and what not, i don't get the time to read like I would like to have. I recharge by being alone when life gets rough too- or as you put it "hermit mode" hehe. Also, i love to craft! :) Woo hoo, i am working on my 25 right now! thank you so much for tagging me :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Awesome stuff to know about you hun!
    I like that picture too its cute. <3

    Great amazing awesome answer here:
    "When people ask me about my religion, I tell them I believe in the Universe. God = The Universe. The Universe = God. That's just the way it is for me. It's all too much to understand, and I think we personify the concept of God to help us get through life."

    -Perfect. thats all it is. =] im glad to see all these new things I didnt know about you! ha you are a pretty awesome chick Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IM such a guy......I just like the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss reading too!!! :( I hate growing up!! Thanks for the tag and I bet if were in the same area code we would be having lunch for sure!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 25 things are coming! It may take a while for me to come up with them, though.

    I saw the Charlaine Harris on your shelf. HiLARious books! I may be able to finish the series one day... *yearns for graduation*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like reading tag posts! But, if written by a select few bloggers I follow I have no reason to close the browser tab and move on. If you have taken up a tag, I guessed it could only be "Wow" and so I read on. As usual, precise and technically correct, and not to mention beautiful. It is a pleasure knowing you considering the fact that I joined you in your journey of blogging a good while after you started.

    You said you want to write and become a writer, but find no motivation. And then, the very next point you say blogging is a need. I think you have the motivation you need and it pushes you to write more and more. I wouldn't be flattering if I tell you that you write extremely beautifully. You use simple words and keep the topic as general as possible, something many people find it hard to do. Use of flashy words simply puts me off, but you don't do it. You have all that is necessary to make you a successful writer. If you hadn't mentioned it here, I would have assumed you were a professional already!

    Thank you for the lovely introduction of my blog and tagging me. I'll try to take up the tag when I have some free time to think about 25 things about myself. (Phew! That is quite a bit!)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.