10.20.2009

RTT: Self-Realizations & Secrets

It's Tuesday, and boy do I have a lot of random thoughts in my head this week. However, I can't discuss all of them in this venue just yet, so a lot of it is going to be said using Post Secrets (secrets that belong to other people, but I relate to strongly) mixed in with other thoughts...



I recently had a new friend say to me "I'm impressed that you know who you are at 23 years old. You seem so secure and sure of yourself." The first response my mind formulated was to quickly deny it, as I don't feel that I know who I am, but then I thought about it for a minute. He's right, I know who I am right now. I know who I am inside, I know who I am when I present myself to the world, I just don't always know what I want.

The reason I don't know what I want, is because it changes every day. Who I am, doesn't change. I feel really good right now, and if he hadn't pointed that out to me I wouldn't feel as secure as I do at this moment. I know who I am. That's such a beautiful thing to feel!

The same friend said to me "You're so 'peace & love' I love it!" I'm also flattered about that... I'm such a hippie at heart sometimes, and I like that people can see that sometimes!


Speaking of friends making me realize things about myself, Kristina said something the other day that was true too. She said "I love the way you really rally yourself around things. If you're single, you make it so your happy to be single. If your dating, you're all happy to be dating. It's like you make every situation fit your life."

Call it the optimist in me, but she's right, I rally myself around whatever situation life throws at me. I know I can't control everything, but I can at least control how I respond to the random stuff life throws my way...


This is the bracelet I just made for myself. I snagged a friends broken guitar string and wound it around itself and I've been wearing it since. I really dig the fact that it looks really nice, yet it's just an old guitar string. It seems really special to me and makes me smile every time I look at it!


Why am I always afraid of the things I want most in life? Can anyone explain that to me?

Josh's answer to every little freak-out I have is "Just breath and live in the moment!" The Post Secret above reminded me of our little talks, and I felt the need to post it. I forget to breath. Literally, there are times when I'm thinking so hard I physically forget to breath. Now, figuratively, I forget to breath as well. I forget to take a moment to remember that everything will work out OK in the end, and that I should just go with the flow of life and not worry about things...
So my friends, I leave you with the following suggestion: Take a moment to stop and breath. To remember who you are, and that even though you can't control life, you can control how you choose to live.
Breath
Also, go check out more random thoughts by clicking below!

4 comments:

  1. Great advice. Your friend is right. Its great that you know who you are at 23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are very mature for being 23!!

    good for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, and I love that you are getting awesome with me! I gave you an award. Come check it out!
    www.apartment513.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful you know who you are. I'm 37 (I think, I tend to forget) and I still have no clue who I am.

    I forget to breathe sometimes too. Usually when I'm very upset or crying. I have to work on that one. I also have to learn to live in the moment better, cuz it's all there really is.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.