How did you meet your best friend?
Since I have too many best friends to pick just one, I thought I'd introduce to you a few of my nearest and dearest friends, and tell you how I met them. You see, I'm not above bragging when it comes to my friends, I love them and they happen to be some of the very best people in the entire world. So here we go!

The first time I met
Kristina was up North Fork, when I accompanied Matt (her brother-in law) to their family reunion. We sat around and drank, and had a good time. The second time I met her and her husband Ken, wasn't quite so great, but it was a funny memory! Matt and I went to her house to drink and sing Karaoke, and I ended up with a half a bottle of Jack all by myself. By the end of the night all I had was one of Kristina's old sweaters, because I'd ended up vomiting all over my own clothes. Not pretty.
Now Kristina and I have become great friends! I lived with her for a while, and now I'm staying at her house for a few weeks as well. We have a great time geeking out over Serial Killers in history, or staying up late having some Angie & Kristina Time generally constitutes a lot of talking or watching great shows! We've also had some great memories driving around late at nice, losing ourselves in the maze of houses while blaring Alanis Morissette and singing along at the top of our lungs! We're so alike!
Matthew contacted me on Yahoo messenger, looking for a date. At the time, I was kind of dating someone else (though not exclusively) and things really weren't working out. However, I still kept turning Matt down, until finally in a moment of sheer frustration with the guy I was seeing, I caved and said yes. I also happened to have 3 other dates that week, and Matt was Tuesday. Surprisingly enough, we really hit it off and started seeing each other. We dated for a year and even lived together for a while, which ultimately proved to be our undoing.
Though we're not dating anymore, we're still really good friends! I have really fond memories of Matt including our trip to Topaz Mountain, and many many outings with him and his kids! They're like family to me!

I've known
Max for quite a few years now, and I met him through an ex-boyfriend of mine who I was with for just under 2 years. When we broke up, I thought I had to give up my friendship with Max and Garrett, so we didn't talk for a while. It was just a year ago that we re-connected when I invited him to come to a coffee/dinner that my friends and I were having. He came and we've been really great friends ever since! It's so great to have him back in my life!
I have so much fun with Max, the cynical bastard that he is, and he's smart and funny! He is the cause for my addiction to strategy games, and I really enjoy getting together with him on the weekends and playing them! I also was grateful he came to Vegas with Josh and Me for my birthday!

I met
Josh through Max. When I invited Max to come to that dinner/meeting, he brought Josh along with him. What's really funny is that a few years back when I was hanging out with Max, everyone always said "You need to meet our friend Josh! But he's in Europe!" So almost 5 years later we meet and hit it off really well and have been great friends ever since. In the time (just under a year) that I've known him, we've been through a lot and developed a friendship that's closer to family. All of my closest friends are like family to me, and Josh as much so.
Josh is a blast, and anyone who meets him can't help but like him. I've enjoyed great times with him including some very good conversations, my birthday Vegas trip, going to Lake Powell with his family, and many many many other good times. He's also going to be my roommate within the next few weeks, and I can't wait to find our apartment! Here's to many more memories!

I met
Angel a few times back when I was dating the same ex who was friends with Max. We hit it off really well and enjoyed each other company. When I stopped dating the ex-boyfriend, we kept in touch via Myspace and talked to each other every once in a while. When Max came back into my life, and Josh came in, they brought Angel with them! It was so good to have her around again! I love this girl!
Tonya and I became fast friends when she was hired at the bowling alley to be my manager. We hit it off really well and before long we were getting together after work, trying to get schedules together, and her son was calling me Auntie Angie. Tonya is in the Air Force, and unfortunately was stationed at Edwards AFB in California about 3 years ago, and I miss her like crazy! I need to make a trip out to see her!
Cristina has been my best friend since I was seven years old, and she was nine. We've grown up together, ever since she moved in next door to my grandmother's house all those years ago. I don't see her as often as I'd like, but when we do see each other, we pick back up like we've never left off. This is a really old picture of her, from when we were younger, but I need to upload a newer one when I get home, so I'll switch it later! :)
I have lots of other friends that feel like family too! It's just the stories of having met them aren't as fun as these! Take a look at them below! I love them all!
Paul and I met through Josh and Max. I have a great time with Paul!
Amber and I also met through Josh and Max, she's crazy, but I love her!
David and I met when we worked together at Mozy. He always says "I'll never find another Angie." I love him!
Garrett and I met back when I was dating my ex. He and Max both became really awesome friends to have!
Click on the button below to read more prompts!
Oh my gosh you have so many best friends!! How great to be surrounded by such awesome people!
ReplyDeleteseriously lots of friends, what a great friend you must be!
ReplyDeleteThe Buzz,
Brandy
Wow you are so lucky to have so many great friends! That says a lot about you :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Im so glad you found me and that you want to GET AWESOME too! I will follow along with your awesomness! And maybe you could drop in and let me know how your awesome is doing! I would love an awesome shout out as I plan on giving all my awesome joiners one too! thanks! NOW LETS GET AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteLook at all those amazing friends! What a lucky gal!
ReplyDeleteThose were some nifty sunglasses that you and Angel were wearing...hehehehe
ReplyDeleteHaha! Thanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteOrganic Meatbag: You like em? We were trying on funky stuff at a store and taking pictures! LOL