10.27.2009

RTT: Drunken Coworkers, Broken Cameras, and New Apartments!


*Hello readers! It's time for Tuesday Random Thoughts again! Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, I was home sick. Not fun right? Not at all... By about noon I was already bored and cursing the heavens that I'd had to miss out on a full day of work. Also, my roommates kiddos were sickly too, and Kailee was even running a fever of 105 degrees. I felt so bad for them! So the four of us (Kristina, Kailee, Kaden and myself) went to the Wee Care to have them checked out, and then we all ended up snuggled up on the couch watching movies.

**Can I just say that it totally isn't Halloween time until you've watched Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas while enjoying a lovely Pumpkin Blizzard from DQ? I mean seriously, apart from being sick, that was fab.

***Josh and I signed a lease on Saturday! It was crazy, and totally unexpected, but completely awesome too! We went out Saturday morning with intentions of just looking at a bunch of them, but then we fell in love with a really large two bedroom a few blocks up from Liberty Park. It's on this cute little street with a bunch of houses where there were people raking their leaves and Halloween decor out. This is the kind of street you imagine trick-or-treating on as a child, as it's lined with bright orange trees on every side.

****I'll try and post pictures of the new apartment when I can, but I'll have to borrow Josh's camera as mine bit the dust. I stopped by the apartment on Sunday and though "Hey, I'll snap a few pictures while I'm here!" Unfortunately, when I removed my little Nikon point-and-shoot from my bag, the screen had been mashed and I found it to be dead. Sad day my friends. On the upside, that camera was really crap-tastic, so this is a very good excuse to get a new one! I can't afford much, but I'm thinking a little Cannon or maybe a Kodak Easy Share? Any opinions from the crowd out there?

*****In any case, I'm super excited to be moving on Sunday! I finally managed to get my bedroom furniture painted (black) after finally giving up on the cheap Wally-World paintbrushes and heading to Lowe's for Spray Paint. I am in love with Spray Paint. It was so utterly fantastic and I managed to get everything painted in under 2 hours! That was very much faster than it would have been to paint it all by hand for several coats.

****Friday night my coworker and I are co-hosting a Halloween party at her house. We're talking music, games, and lots and lots of liquor. Drunkenness with a mixture of my coworkers and friends? Doesn't sound like such a great idea, except that my coworkers pretty much rock.

***It snowed today. What the Eff... I guess we all knew it was coming, but really? Really? OK, I'll admit the snow was a little exciting. I always feel giddy when I see the seasons changing and feel that rush in the air. However, I do have one plea: please Mother Nature, let it not keep snowing this week... At least let us get through Halloween and moving before you lay it on us. Please?
**I'm wearing pigtails today. There's really only one other person around here who knows what that means, and I'm not explaining. :) Have fun with that one!

*I'm also wearing the leather jacket I snagged from my grandpa. It's bulky, and definitely a man's jacket as it was NOT made for hips. I'm just saying... I have hips... Lots of hips, and zipping the jacket up around my hips is a little difficult.


2 comments:

  1. Yayness abounds! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might try slickdeals.net when looking for a camera. It's a forum site...have found some awesome deals on there!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.