9.02.2013

Ego {Musical Mondays & Giveaway}

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway sponsored by wonderful people! September is sponsored by me!   Read on to see details!

This week's song:
Ego
by MC Souleye
featuring Alanis Morissette



Note: I was trying to type out the lyrics, but I can't find them anywhere to check it-soooo, just enjoy the listen!

I first heard this song when Josh and I drove up to Boise to see Alanis Morissette in concert.  MC Souleye, who is her husband and the father of her child, opened the show for her and this was the first song he sang/rapped and we loved it.  Most of his lyrics seem really positive, and I always appreciate when a rapper can turn it out and make it something more than just a rhyme for the sake of rhyming.  Add in Alanis singing the hook, and it works-I'm hooked.

I downloaded MC Souleye's first real album (he has lots of songs on other collaborations) Iron Horse Running last week, but we'd been looking for it forever before we finally found it!  It's enjoyable, and there are four songs where Alanis collaborated with him, that's exciting.  You can check out this Billboard article for more information on his album (prior to it's release) and Alanis talking about the baby and how he responds to them touring/performing. So cute, I love to see her happy after all of these albums and years!

Alanis Morissette, MC Souleye, & Baby

Listen to songs from Iron Horse Running on MC Souleye's Myspace (it still exists lol) page HERE.

Link up your Musical Monday choice this week!
It can be anything, but if you link up your post MUST contain the button or a link back!



Now for the Giveaway
I'm giving one lucky winner an MP3 copy of MC Souleye's new album, Iron Horse Running.  The CD will be sent through Amazon MP3, is open Worldwide, and ends on October 1st, 2013.


xoxo Miss Angie

15 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed Alanis Morissette songs and I totally agree it is nice to see her happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove Alanis, and her husband seems like such a good fit for her!

      Delete
  2. I can't stop listening to Marc Anthony, he is very famous Salsa singer born and raised in Puerto Rico and New York. He has a new album "Marc Anthony: Vivir Mi Vida." I miss my island constantly and when I am feeling home sick listening to some Latin music cheers me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally hooked on Macklemore right now, for the same reasons you like MC Souleye- the rapping with a positive bent, the musicality. And also, because he's a great representation of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, so I downloaded The Heist and Iron Horse Running the same evening and I cannot stop listening to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with Ben Haggerty. Haha one of your songs is mine for next week!

      Delete
  4. oh and to answer your question you know i'm totally obsessed with Adam Lambert but right now my current favorite song is Lose Yourself to Dance by Daft Punk and i'm waiting as calmly as possible for Katy' Perry's new album

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are, and I'm waiting for Katy Perry too! I always love her music, and Roar is fun!

      Delete
  5. Hmm, I don't think I have any favorites, but I really like Imogen Heap and Mumford & Sons.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.