4.01.2013

Bright Lights & Cityscapes {Musical Mondays}

What is Musical Mondays? 
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  

This week's song:
Bright Lights & Cityscapes
From the album Once Upon Another Time by Sara Bareilles



Hold my breath and I'll count to ten
I'm the paper and you're the pen
You fill me in you are permanent
And you leave me to dry
I'm the writer and she's the muse
I'm the one that you always choose
She will falter and gift her blame
And it starts all over again
Again again again again

She is bright lights and cityscapes
And white lights and cavalcades
And she'll take all you ever have
And I'm gonna love you
You say maybe it'll last this time
But I'm gonna love you
You'd never have to ask
I'm gonna love you
Til you start lookin' back
I'm gonna love you
So right
You wouldn't need a second chance

Shield your eyes from the truth at hand
Tell me why it'll be good again
All those demons are closin' in
And I don't want you to burn
Never mind what I said before

I don't want any less anymore
You are carbon and I am flame
I will rise and you will remain

For bright lights and cityscapes
And landslides and masquerades
And she'll take all you ever have
And I'm gonna love you
You say maybe it'll last this time
But I'm gonna love you
You'd never have to ask
I'm gonna love you
Til you start looking back

I wouldn't need a second chance (x4)

As with most Sarah Bareilles songs, this one is hauntingly beautiful and hits a tender spot somewhere in my soul.  I have owned this album for a few months now but never really listened to this song until this weekend, and it's beautiful.  I played it four times in a row until I could croon out the melody right along with her.

On some level I relate to my interpretation of the song.  A girl who obviously loves a guy who doesn't lover her enough... There's always someone else, someone she knows wont treat him as well or love him as much as her-but somehow she's always the one that gets left out and he repeats the same error over and over again.  There comes a point though, where she has to just stop letting him come back to her and remove herself from the situation.  Through my experience I have learned that no matter how much you love someone-if you're never enough for them you need to get out and move on.  You deserve better, someone who thinks you're enough. You deserve someone who wants you and only you.  I deserve someone who thinks I'm enough and only wants me.  No settling for less.

What are you listening to this week?
**Please!  If you are linking up put the button in your post!**

Musical Mondays with My So-Called Chaos




Monday's Music Moves MeMusic Monday with Run DMTMusic Monday with Loving Life

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I need this on my iPad. What a pretty song. LOVE the lyrics! Thanks for hosting!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Sara Bareilles she is amazing and really love this song

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty song. Thanks for linking us with us today, but I think your Music Monday and our themes are a bit far apart, but music is music right! ENJOY as I did! Have a rockin' week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely song!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful song! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara Bareillis is amazing. Love her and this song. What a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad you linked up. We had a theme today it’s true. Silly songs for April fools, but music is music my friend. You are welcome any time to share your tunes. I hope you come by next Monday too! It’ll be my reminder to come by you! I shall put your button on my meme too & maybe you’d like to put mine by you!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.