4.30.2013

My Trip to Oregon-Insta Style.

As most of you know, I was out most of last week due to being away in Oregon taking a vacation.  A vacation that went by much too quickly I should add.  Vacations often seem to go by fast, but this one felt like it was over in the blink of an eye, and it left me feeling a bit melancholy in it's wake... The minute my plane landed in Salt Lake City I came down with a case of depression that still hasn't fully lifted.  I'm glad I went through, it was so much fun!

On the first day my old pal Mr.Bingo picked me up at the airport and we stopped for a quick bite before making the long trip back to Coos Bay where he just bought his new house.  The house is nice, but his yard is to die for.  I'm not kidding, I want to live in the yard forever-it's like a magical secret garden, or a forest all to himself.  Here's a little walking tour I took:

Red Gate in Forest Back YardRed Bench in Forest Back YardAsian Shed in Forest Back YardRed Bridge in Forest Back YardRed Bridge in Forest Back YardRed Gate in Forest Back YardShed in Forest Back YardAsian Gate Red in Forest Back YardRed Bench  in Forest Back YardCherry BlossomsPond with KoiTree in Forest Front Yard

The next day we went down to the High Tide Cafe for lunch.  I decided to try their clam chowder (which was absolutely to die for) and their grilled shrimp and cheese sandwich, which wasn't as good.  It was a cute little restaurant with a lovely view of the bay though!

Chowder with Grilled Shrimp & Cheese at the High Tide CafeView from the High Tide Cafe

Then we went for a nice little hike out to try and find the lighthouse.  After winding through the forest and finding the coast, we couldn't see a way to even get over to the lighthouse, so when we got back to the house I looked up the information and found out that it was decommissioned in 2006, and the bridge going out to it was removed in November of 2012 when they turned the island the Cape Arago Lighthouse sits on back over to the Coos tribe.  The site says a condition of turning it over to the Coos tribe was that they have to eventually open it back up to the public, but there was no time frame and the removed the bridge to prevent access until then.

Mr. Bingo & Miss AngieMr. Bingo at the Pacific OceanThe Oregon CoastThe Oregon CoastThe Oregon CoastThe Oregon CoastThe Oregon CoastThe Oregon CoastCrow at The Oregon CoastThe Oregon CoastThe Oregon Coast
Mr. Bingo hiking The Oregon CoastThe Oregon Coast

One of my favorite things while I was there was cooking with fresh seafood.  We went to Chucks Seafood in Charleston and got some fresh Salmon (which Mr. Bingo actually grilled with lemon and terriyaki and I watched and learned-so tasty!) and some fresh clams-which I turned into Linguini and Clams that night.  I also attempted (and failed at due to not having Baking Soda and forgetting the egg-whoops!) Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, and we made pretty good Peanut Butter Chicken Mole (I think our version still needs some perfecting though) which we ate with chips.  And of course, it was required that I make my homemade Guacamole while I was there.

One thing I didn't mind, my view while cooking.  To. Die. For.

Fresh SalmonLinguini and ClamsLinguini and Clams
Cinnamon Roll PancakesForest YardForest Yard

On Friday we mostly just stayed in and watched movies and cooked due to feeling lazy, but on Saturday we went to the Charleston Oyster Festival and it was tasty, then we went hiking again and up along the coast to the Shore Acres Botanical Garden.  Also Mr. Bingo has a cat (the last owners just left it with the house because they couldn't catch it) and I convinced him to start listening to Neil Gaiman books on tape.

Mr. Bingo at the Oregon CoastCape Arago LighthouseSea Lions in the Pacific Ocean The Oregon CoastSalamander at Shore Acres Botanical GardenShore Acres Botanical GardenShore Acres Botanical GardenPepe Le Pew the CatThe Grave Yard Book & Anansi Boys Audio Book

I hate flying, but got a pretty shot of the clouds from above them while leaving Oregon.  It was depressing being back home in my own bed, but Shawn made it better by taking me to lunch the next day!  Pho makes things better!

Clouds from AboveMiss Angie in BedPho Hoa

xoxo Miss Angie
My Happy ListTalk To Us Tuesday

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry...that's his GARDEN? Seriously?! I thought you went to a cute botanical garden or something. I think I might have moved right in...for just the garden...well and the seafood.
    It looks just amazing there. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that backyard is seriously awesome - I love it! Very peaceful, and relaxing.
    I just love Oregon, we haven't been since last year.. but I hope to make my way down there much more often this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly.
    Do you always eat that well, or was it just because you were vacationing?
    I am drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful garden!!! What a wonderful weekend you had. I love all your photos and what beautiful scenery too! The food, oh the food looks great too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how much I want to go to Oregon. I live in Kansas and feel so far away from everything! Oh, and I have my monthly goals posted just let me know when your's goes live :)

    Wanna follow each other?
    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm jealous of his backyard but what an amazing trip. I agree with you vacations seem to go by to fast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes. That's his BACK YARD?? So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That back yard is sooooo pretty! It could be in a magazine. Happy that you had a great time in Oregon on your vacation. Your photo mosaics are great!

    I love that you're a Neil Gaiman fan. I can't wait to read The Ocean at the End of the Lane :D

    Thanks so much for linking-up to My Happy List!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.