Last night I was lucky enough to get to see Hal Sparks do his stand-up comedy live, and he was BRILLIANT. I've always loved him, way back to the days when I fell in love with his character (Michael Novotny) in Queer As Folk during those evenings when Kristi and I would scoot the couch up, snuggle up with blankets and junk food, and "get our QAF on/" It helps that my roommate is also in love with him, so we jumped at the chance to buy tickets when we heard he was coming to Wise Guys here in SLC.
Anyway, last night he was HILARIOUS! I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time, and then after the show we spoke to him for a minute and he was very down to earth and friendly. You have to love it when a celebrity is actually a human being, and actually cares about their fans. So, I think this warrented another Man-Candy post, seeing as I'm totally in love with the guy.

[cute, right? or maybe-DEAD SEXY?]

How can you not love him even more for being a part of the NoH8 Campaign? Anyone who knows me, knows I'm VERY pro Equal Rights. Last night he said "Tell me what's wrong with this: We live in a culture where being fat is considered GENETIC, but being gay is considered a CHOICE! Let me tell you, ANYONE can go to the gym and lose weight, but you can't go to the gym and turn straight." He went on to say "And if it is a choice, why limit yourself to just Gay or Straight when there's so many other options out there?" Now, while he's being funny, all of his jokes have so much truth behind them-which I love, because you can tell that he really means them, and that he is very involved with his material.

[terrible pic, but here's the roommie with Hal last night!]
And now, so you can see how funny he is (especially when he gets angry) here are a few clips! :) (He's pretty adult, I wouldn't watch it with children) These aren't from the show we watched, but they're FUNNY too. I recommend watching them all, but if you don't have the time for it, check out a few clips.
Pussy Is Tougher (about 3 min)
[cute, right? or maybe-DEAD SEXY?]
How can you not love him even more for being a part of the NoH8 Campaign? Anyone who knows me, knows I'm VERY pro Equal Rights. Last night he said "Tell me what's wrong with this: We live in a culture where being fat is considered GENETIC, but being gay is considered a CHOICE! Let me tell you, ANYONE can go to the gym and lose weight, but you can't go to the gym and turn straight." He went on to say "And if it is a choice, why limit yourself to just Gay or Straight when there's so many other options out there?" Now, while he's being funny, all of his jokes have so much truth behind them-which I love, because you can tell that he really means them, and that he is very involved with his material.

[terrible pic, but here's the roommie with Hal last night!]
And now, so you can see how funny he is (especially when he gets angry) here are a few clips! :) (He's pretty adult, I wouldn't watch it with children) These aren't from the show we watched, but they're FUNNY too. I recommend watching them all, but if you don't have the time for it, check out a few clips.
Pussy Is Tougher (about 3 min)
Sex Logic (about 1 min)
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 1
(about 10 minutes)
LA, Long Hair, Tattoos, Southern Accents, etc.
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 1
(about 10 minutes)
LA, Long Hair, Tattoos, Southern Accents, etc.
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 2
(about 10 minutes)
Sweet tea, Non-smokers, made-up words, etc.
Sweet tea, Non-smokers, made-up words, etc.
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 3
(about 10 minutes)
Pussy is tougher, Old People, Babies, Drunkeness, etc.
(about 10 minutes)
Pussy is tougher, Old People, Babies, Drunkeness, etc.
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 4
(about 10 minutes)
Pot, Sexting,
Pot, Sexting,
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 5
(about 10 minutes)
Marriage, Flying Grocery Bags, Inbreeding, Virginity and more.
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part 6
(About 9 minutes)
Man vs. Woman, Strip Clubs, Sex Shops, etc.
Hal Sparks - Stand Up Part7
(About 6 minutes)
Objectification of Women, Sexual peak, Skill, etc.

Did you ever watch him on that magic show? LOL My husband watched that all the time, he is pretty funny.
ReplyDeleteFor his Starbucks rant alone, I love this man and want to have his babies.
ReplyDeleteOk, that might also have something to do with his being handsome and hilarious.
Is he single? I could so make him orgasmic coffee. :D
I've never heard of him before. He's FUNNY! Thanks for sharing. I love finding new comedians. :D
ReplyDeleteYay! I LOVE him! I remember seeing him on "I Love the 80's" on VH1 and falling in love. But not the kind of love you're talking about- he's a little scrawny for my taste :) He looks like he's about 4'8"
ReplyDeleteHahaha--I have never seen his standup before!! I stayed up til past eleven watching those clips....and that's really saying something considering how early we know I have to be at work!!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't he sometimes give commentary on those VH1 Best of the 80's type series? If he's the one I'm thinking of, then YES, I've been loving him for a while.
ReplyDeleteThat guy is hilarious....and yes, he's pretty hot!
ReplyDeleteomg - hilarious. so freakin funny.
ReplyDelete