12.04.2010

Sunday Citar: It Takes a Village


"It takes a village to raise a child."
-African Proverb

This is my roommate, and my friend's daughter on a night we were all out to dinner.  We are all family, and even though the kids don't actually belong to us, we share responsibility in raising them.  They love us as much as any relative. It's a beautiful thing.

10 comments:

  1. so true. it takes a village to raise a child. if only everyone in it knows how to do that right. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One mommy and One daddy, or two daddies, or two mommies still aren't enough. It takes everyone! And sometimes, we need to go find a village to fix some of the mistakes those parents made lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabby - It's so true! When I have kids, I'll surround them by all of the amazing people I know.

    Jessica - Thank you!

    Charlotte - It's true, sometimes it's really important to double check who in that village is raising your child, and to surround yourself with the highest caliber of people to help out.

    Impermanent Me - I completely agree! My best friend is now raising her niece because the parents were awful alcoholics who neglected them. She's so smart, and becoming even smarter under her influence. It's amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think my kids would be complete human beings without the love and deep bonding of their godmother, and countless others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kri - I really really love the godmother title. For reals.

    Jen - Totally!

    Septembermom - She's going to be a total heartbreaker. She can already use her smile and pretty face to get out of trouble.

    Prairiemaid - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.