1.18.2010

"I Won't Know What to Say Except Fuck You"

think i'm going for a walk now
i feel a little unsteady
i don't want nobody to follow me
'cept maybe you
i could make you happy you know
if you weren't already
i could do a lot of things
and i do

tell you the truth i prefer
the worst of you
too bad you had to have a better half
she's not really my type
but i think you two are forever
and i hate to say it but
you're perfect together

so fuck you
and your untouchable face
and fuck you
for existing in the first place
and who am i
that i should be vying for your touch
and who am i
i bet you can't even tell me that much

two-thirty in the morning
and my gas tank will be empty soon
neon sign on the horizon
rubbing elbows with the moon
a safe haven of sleepless
where the deep fryer's always on
radio is counting down
the top 20 country songs
and out on the porch the fly strip is
waving like a flag in the wind
y'know, i don't look forward
to seeing you again soon
you'll look like a photograph of yourself
taken from far far away
and i won't know what to do
and i won't know what to say

 
except fuck you...

i see you and i'm so perplexed
what was i thinking?
what will i think of next
where can i hide
in the back room there's a lamp
that hangs over the pool table
and when the fan is on it swings
gently side to side
there's a changing constellation
of balls as we are playing
i see orion and say nothing
the only thing i can think of saying

is fuck you...
-Untouchable Face by Ani DiFranco

I have loved this song since I first heard it 5 years ago, and yesterday driving home from work it came across my iPod and found me singing along to it just like old times.  It's like I couldn't have said it better... Everytime I get angry I remember to get angry at myself, because I'm the one who lets people affect me so.  I was the one who didn't see through all of the lies and bullshit, and I'm the one that's left with fears. 

Discussing this with a friend the other night (whilst bawling and under the influence of some mighty-fine rum) I finally admitted to myself my fears out loud.  I'm afraid to trust someone again, and on some small part of me, afraid to sleep with a guy again because of what he did... Because he lied about the protection, because I could have been so much worse off than I am.  Mostly though, because he was so sly that I had absolutely no clue that everything he said was a lie, so how do I know that wont happen to me again?  How can I ever trust my own judgement again?

I don't know.  Honestly, I haven't figured anything out yet, and I'm mad at myself for it.

6 comments:

  1. God damn. You and me seriously, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel this too. Hopefully most likely things will look up again. Just because things fail doesn't make everything else hopeless, I have to constantly remind myself of this shit every day too which sucks. Soon enough things will be back to normal, hopefully better than normal! =] That song is a way good song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the truth of it is....you don't know. I faced the same fears after my relationship with Phantom (the one that destroyed me, years ago, before we met). And there is no safe-guard against not getting hurt again, except to avoid human contact altogether. It's a risk we take whenever we bring someone close to our hearts. The way I see it, there are two options:
    A) Shut everyone out and keep from ever being betrayed again. Of course, you'll become bitter and cold and depressed because we humans crave connection.
    B) Keep on making those connections. Take a risk. And maybe, someday, letting the right one in.
    In the end, all we can do is learn from our mistakes, and move on. And I think you're a brave enough heart to risk hurt and hold hope, and keep on going.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insecurities creep in when someone betrays your trust. You will never be able to see life the way you used to. They is the price you pay for trusting someone so easily. But, the strong move on and I know that you do because this song, as you say, provides you that courage and rekindles that fire of defiance and the will to move on. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you heard the lily allen song: It's upbead and fun with with a similar message:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7jA-H-jMo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops- posted too quickly, so maybe not as deep as your song, but it's still fun to sing,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuck you Fuck you very very muuuuuuch! yeah I love that song. It was written for George Bush.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.