Uh-Oh
Uh-Oh
So you see, you've got me back again for more
And it seems, your song is in my head, this is war
Mystery, how I could feel you breathe me
I was sure you would keep every promise, you would keep every word
Well, I try to put your stories in line but it never adds up right
[Chorus]
For every 99 times, you looked me in the eye
You looked me in the eye and swore you weren't lying
Well, I was so blind I never saw the signs
I'm getting out tonight and you're not invited
It's a shame you left me hanging like you did
It was brave but it was much more foolish
Don't you think? Don't you think?
'Cause you know I wont be satisfied till you realize
[Chorus]
These things are so typical
These things are unforgivable
I'm gone and you're invisible
Don't let me catch you followin'
Don't ask 'cause I'm not offering
You caused enough of my suffering
[Chorus x2]
-99 Times by Kate Voegele
So you remember The Musician right? If not, he's the guy I first started blogging about a month or two back, when I though the was a nice guy, and in recent posts you've seen his transformation into asshole. Only I guess it wasn't a transformation; I guess he was an asshole all along and I was just fooled. Totally and completely fooled. How does that happen? I've always been someone who can read people very well, but I guess it goes along with the saying "love is blind." Only it wasn't love at all, so I guess I'll say "I was blind because I wanted to get laid." How else do I explain getting involved with someone who looks like "Shaggy's retarded brother."
Yeah, that's a direct quote, but I'll leave the source anonymous.
Yeah, that's a direct quote, but I'll leave the source anonymous.
Anyway, he and I weren't exclusive, that was a given; but we did have a rule that said if we started sleeping with anyone else we would be open and tell each other. For a lot of reasons, including both full disclosure and the fact that any other person could have any number of unkown diseases. It's about trust. I'm the kind of person who is very trusting of people at first, but once you lose my trust, it's really hard to earn it back.
Anyway, I found out on Monday that the entire time he was seeing me and I was assuming he wasn't sleeping with anyone else (you know, since he wasn't telling me and I was trusting him) he was still sleeping with his ex. The ex who works with us, and who I should mention also didn't know he was sleeping with other people at the same time.
It would seem he's made a list of all the female (and who knows-maybe some male) employees here and he's working his way down that list and checking them off as he goes. In our office, he's now dated 4 of us, and he thinks he's being sly about it. Not at all. We all know dude, and you're killing your chances at promotions... Especially when you start dating some of the crazy ones with a record of doing this. You're bringing on your downfall, and a few of us will be there with popcorn when it happens. No need for revenge in any of our cases, Karma will take care of it all for us.
Oh, I should also mention that he thinks it's ok to call me a bitch to MY friends who he met through me. He had to expect they would have told me, so he wanted me to know he thought it. Also, apparently I'm a bitch all because of something he ASSUMED I did. You know what they say about assuming right? Way to go buddy, YOU'RE AN ASS.
I hadn't been posting details in the blog, because honestly I was protecting his identity. However, I don't owe him anything. Not one damned thing. Never again.
I hadn't been posting details in the blog, because honestly I was protecting his identity. However, I don't owe him anything. Not one damned thing. Never again.
Anyway, I'm checking out. The drama in the office, I want out of it. I'm telling people I don't want to talk about, hear about it, or know about it anymore unless it's going to be specifically detrimental to me or my job. I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. I have already successfully been able to pretend both he and the girl he's sleeping with that's spreading rumors don't exist. They're just blank spaces when they're around. Just static.
Here's to letting the drama die a horrific fiery death.
Here's to moving on with my life.
Amen, sister.
ReplyDeleteboy this gets worse all the time! I sure hope this is the end and things are lookin up! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a jerk!! I have been so busy lately with work I haven't been a very good reader! I am soo sorry to hear things didn't work and he turned out to be such a toad! Keep your chin up!
ReplyDeleteHell yeah girl =] I told you.. men are unable to comprehend ANYTHING of importance hahah
ReplyDeleteHa this guy sounds pretty pathetic! =P
-Isha
Oy gevault! You need a break from men. He sounded awesome and mature, but believe me, we've all been there. Manipulative people are really good at fooling us into seeing what we want to see. Way to go, you, for opening your eyes and making a positive change before too much time passed. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteAnd men aren't bad, they've just got their priorities mussed sometimes. There are fantastic ones out there (I know a lot, actually, even single ones, but none in SLC, sadly), but it takes shifting your focus to yourself completely, and away from the possibility of romance, to bring them out of the woodwork.