Wednesday was my first day off in quite a while, and I made good use of it. Instead of sleeping in super late, I woke up at about 8:30am and went and hung out with the roommate before he went to work, and then I spent some quality relaxing time watching a movie on the couch for a couple hours. It also helped that I had a little Baileys in my coffee... Yum! After, I promptly cleaned (and I mean deep-cleaned) the entire house. I mopped floors with bleach, I vacuumed, and I even organized the Christmas decorations (that were piled in a corner of my room) and the unpacked boxes in my closet. It's clean, and that makes me happy-even if it did eat up half of my day and just get dirty again after I cooked dinner.
Around four I ventured up to the hospital to visit my grandmother. Talk about a maze! I got so lost, I had to leave the hospital to find cell phone reception, and call my dad to get directions. She seems better, it's nice to see her starting to act a little more like herself. She's starting to remember things and be able to carry on conversations without dozing off every few minutes. I can't wait until she's able to go home!
That evening we had David & Kasey over for dinner, and I made homemade Pizza and Fruit Pizza Cookies for dessert!
Check it out! I'm most proud of my dessert...
Now check out the pizza and it's cheesy goodness!
I can tell that you so love your family. :)
ReplyDeleteAngie, these are mouth-watering! :)
God, those look good!
ReplyDeletehell yeah! looks like a good ol time =]
ReplyDeleteDamn, that looks good. And I'm drinking a cup of hot chocolate right now that could definitely use some Bailey's.
ReplyDeleteThose damn cookies should be outlawed. SO good. If you ever have more that you need to dispose of....well, you know where to find me.
ReplyDeleteThe dessert looks heavenly!
ReplyDeleteYou just made me drool over my keyboard! The dessert and the pizza look simply outstanding and awesome.
ReplyDeleteI am a bit late to join the bandwagon here and I seem not to connect to the story about your grandmother. But, I do get the hint that she has been unwell, is on the path to recovery and you love her so very much. I wish her good health.
Mmmmm, that looks devine!!!
ReplyDelete