Hello readers! How have you been? First of all, let me say I am very sorry that I totally left you for 3 days without anything here on the blog. I failed to plan posts, and I was at Salt Lake ComicCon 2014 and I had a blast! The first day of the con was Thursday, and we had pre-purchased Gold passes months in advance but had not registered. By the time we showed up at the Salt Palace Convention Center the line was already around the entire building. We remarked that it looked like Saturday had looked last year, and that was strange for a Thursday! I hopped in line while Ken ran up front to see if Gold Pass members needed to wait in that line. He called me ten minutes later to tell me he'd found someone who'd fast track us in.
I ran around to the South side of the building and ran inside with a few other people, and were directed back to the big line-but this time they just put us in the Gold portion of it and we slid in with some others. We waited in that line for about 2 hours, despite the fact that we were supposed to get in early-they let the GA line go in before us. Ken was really stressing because the one panel he desperately wanted to see was the Cary Elwes panel-he's a huge fan! Eventually we made it in and ran all the way to the South Ballroom in time to get some semi-alright seats. We were grateful and Ken was anxiously awaiting his hero. He was dressed as the 1st Doctor Who.
Cary Elwes was very nice and entertaining on stage. He took questions and willingly gave fans hugs, he talked about his wife with love and praised her cooking, and he only talked about his new book like 37 and a half times. To be fair, it's called As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride-so it was relevant. It's available for Pre-Order on Amazon if you want (only $16.95 now but will be $25 after it's released) and I did tell him that I'd mention it on my blog for him. So there it is-if you're a Princess Bride fan you should snag it.
After the Cary Elwes panel we stayed for The Two Doctors panel. They had the sixth Doctor from Doctor Who, Colin Baker, and the eighth Doctor (the movie Doctor) Paul Mcgann. They were very entertaining, and they handled a lot of the questions well too. They even allowed a girl to bring her dog up on stage so they could give it doggie treats.
When we were done with the two panels we went and grabbed food and then met up with Kelsey, Jason, and Jan. Then we decided to wander around and see what we could find. We took a couple of fun photos, looked at what celebrities were there, checked out the Game Room, and then decided to head home for the day.
She found Waldo... Come back tomorrow for Day 2!










How fun! Putting that Elwes book on my list now. Yay!
ReplyDeleteAh, I wish I thought to attend SLC Comic Con (or, I should do that when I have the energy again). I like Paul McGann, though everybody hated Colin's Doctor, from what I've been told. He was kind of a prick...but that's part of the charm! ;)