9.15.2014

Locked Up {Musical Mondays & Giveaways}

What is Musical Mondays? 
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. Along with talking about music, I host a (usually) month-long music giveaway.

 This week's song:
Locked Up 
by Ingrid Michaelson



I have taken the wrong turn
When will I learn? When will I learn?
Should I show them all my scars?
Cherry red. Bleeding burns.
Like an angry apple tree
Throw my apples if you get to close to me

But if I look to my right will I see the one I fight for? If I look to my right...
Or if I turn to my left will I see that I have kept my heart locked up locked up so tight...

Love love love is everywhere
But not a drop for me to drink
Tie me up and bind my feet
Drop me in and watch me sink
Like an angry apple tree (like an angry apple tree)
I throw my apples if you get to close to me

But if I look to my right will I see the one I fight for? If I look to my right...
Or if I turn to my left will I see that I have kept my heart locked up locked up so tight...

If I was seventeen I could find it in between the cushions of somebodies couch
I could find it I could find it
If I was seventeen I could find it in the dream a dime a dozen kind of love
I could find it I could find it

But I'm not seventeen and I lost it in between the birthday cakes and fast mistakes that roll by

But if I look to my right will I see the one I fight for? If I look to my right...
Or if I turn to my left will I see that I have kept my heart locked up locked up so tight...

If I look to my right look to my right If I look to my look to my left
If I look to my right look to my right If I look to my look to my left
If I look to my right look to my right If I look to my look to my left
If I look to my right look to my right to my right

What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!








Now for the giveaway!

Enter to win this necklace courtesy of me! This giveaway will run from Monday, 9/1/14 to Wednesday, 10/1/14 at 12AM. It is open worldwide. Entering the following Rafflecopter agrees to the terms and conditions within.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

  1. I love song "My little girl", by Tim Mcgraw, kinda cheesy but it never fails to make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!




    follow along @ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But I'm not seventeen and I lost it in between the birthday cakes and fast mistakes that roll by" - I love that line! Thanks for sharing, I had never heard this song before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my absolute favorite lines too! :D

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.