Being featured as the Queen of the Day yesterday totally made my week. It reminded me how blessed I am to be part of an amazing blogging community which is filled with such love and support. If you haven't read the post yet, please run on over and leave Mamarazzi a comment thanking her for giving me such an awesome opportunity, if you do, she'll be sure to email you a response-so enable your email! While you're there, you can follow Dandelion Wishes and even apply to one day be the Queen of the Day yourself! It's amazing I promise.
I confess
I have done really well on the diet and exercise this week. I'm feeling awfully proud of myself. I've been eating right and I worked out every day this week (all 5 days that I promised myself I would.) I really think it's going to work this time because it isn't that I want to lose the weight, it's that I must lose the weight. So it feels very natural, like I have no choice but to be successful. This is good.
I confess
My biggest weakness in this whole getting healthy thing is drinking water. Surprisingly, the no soda and no candy thing has been really easy. Drinking the appropriate amount of water-not so much. No wonder I've been getting some headaches... I am going to work harder on that!
I confess
I have the biggest crush on my Irish coworker that comes to visit every now and again. For real.
I confess
My coworker and I have plans. We're going to find Irish Husbands and get citizenship so we can still work for our same company in Ireland. Isn't that a fabulous idea? My other coworker asked above referenced super cute Irish manager if he had a list of recommendations for us, and he said "Well, my entire L1 team is single..." LOL!
I confess
I saw Black Swan last night, and am a little disturbed that part of me relates to her intensely. It was AMAZING though, thank you Sophia for recommending it to me!
I confess
I feel so much better now that the sun is shining outside! As if I ever doubted my being affected by the seasons...
What do you need to confess?
I saw Black Swan last weekend too and it was wild. A lot of unanswered questions with her mom and stuff, but it was awesome.
ReplyDeleteI totally WANT to see Black Swan. No one will go with me.
ReplyDeleteThe water thing, I used to really suck at it then I bought a jug at walmart. It has all the water I need for the whole day plus some and it has a handle on it so, you know, Handy! As long as I drink all of that by the end of the day I am good. At first it was hard but now I get though the whole thing everyday. Sometimes twice. Working and moving around all the time means water always isn't available so I made it available.
ReplyDeleteI commpletely agree with the whole water thing. I will go ALL DAY LONG & not have had anything to drink but my coffee in the morning. How awful is that! Ohhh Yay to the Irish cuties, how fun would it be if your whole "plan" worked out & then a couple years from now you could link back to this post. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah for you completing the week of exercise. Wish I could say that but my teen girls have been riding me about it lately and that should help. I am bad at the water thing too. Just a thought but have you tried HCG. I did this with my husband, some family my ex and some dear friends. My husband lost 70lbs as of yesterday since August.. If you want info I would be happy to share...
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend
Congrats on the exercise! I haven't even been out to go running at all this week >.<
ReplyDeleteHaha I suppose that right there could be my confession :}
good luck with that Irish dream of yours..ya never know, when you put it out into the universe i really could happen.
ReplyDeleteyou are soooo welcome for the Queen spotlight! i am glad you enjoyed it. i feel the same way about the blogging community i am so blessed to be a part of!
I will probably see Black Swan when it comes out on Netflix. I keep hearing so much about it, now I'm curious.
ReplyDeleteYay to you for keeping to your commitment to exercise! It's so hard! The water thing can be hard, but keep it up...soon it will be no problem. If you do ever move to Ireland, it will be my dream come true! I mean yours, but then I will have an excuse to travel, and Ireland is on the list! (Plus who doesn't dream of meeting and falling for a foreign guy, and Irish foreign guy? Especially after seeing Leap Year?) Ok, last but definitely not least....Thanks so much for the beanie! I keep reminding Olivia that it's mine...she claimed it instantly when she saw it and felt how soft it was...not to mention she looks so darn cute in it too!
ReplyDeleteWater is really difficult. Take it from a former Diet Coke addict...it can happen. You can get to where you will drink it. And...sorta like it.
ReplyDeleteSwears.
See? I can't even believe I just said that. Really!
BTW, Odd Thomas is such a great series!
ReplyDeleteOkay, here's the plan: YOU get an amazing Irish husband, and then invite me over. ;)
ReplyDeleteScotsman is planning on taking a trip to Dublin, but wants to go it alone. Which means I need to be able to take a trip there by myself sometime as well. PLUS, we'd get to hang out! And squee about how sexy Irish accents are! :D
Congrats on being Queen for a Day! And on rocking your workout/diet/lifestyle change. You go, girl!
Alright, my doc told me that drinking at least 40 oz of water a day, and getting 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week will drastically reduce regular headaches and migraines in us overweight folk. So keep at it! You can do it! :D
(I find that having one container with me, filling it with water in the morning, and not letting myself go to sleep at night until it's drained, really helps. It makes the act of consuming that much water sort of an easily-tracked, natural thing)
I love Irish accents! It turns me on. Oh yeah. I said it. LOL! I would move to Ireland in a heart beat.
ReplyDeleteDrinking water is my biggest hang up too. I hate the taste, or lack thereof, and it's really hard for me to drink it. I've been doing better now, but it took a long time and to find the right temperature to drink it. I have to have mine ice cold!
I've also heard Black Swan is amazing! Haven't seen it yet, tho. My hubz doesn't like going to many movies, so I usually take a kid or a girlfriend. I love your idea about finding an Irish husband so you can move over there! Way to go on your exercising this week! I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time with drinking water, too. It's just so...BLAH.
ReplyDeleteI think I want to see black swan. And yay you for working out. I suck at that.
ReplyDelete