I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. For those of you who don't know, it's National Novel Writing Month in November, and the idea is that you write a 50,000 word (175 page) novel by midnight on the 30th. To be honest, I haven't even started brainstorming... I'm such a slacker...
Also, I need to learn Spanish. No, I don't necessarily want to, just feel like I need to in order to guarantee myself a job when Tax season is over. The company I work for needs Spanish Speakers really badly, and I have a feeling that if I could start helping with that I could guarantee my position becomes permanent and I wont get laid off after April 15th. I want to stay, I don't want to go looking for another job come April.
In order to Learn Spanish, I'll be putting aside my French studies a little. This makes me really sad, as I actually want to learn French. I may try and learn them at the same time, as long as I don't get things too confused. This might be a good approach for me anyway...
I am so freaking mad at my sister. I can't even begin to express my frustration towards her without various four-letter-words and many adult terms that aren't pretty on the eyes. She has been quite the bridezilla, and me being her maid of honor, I have tried to deal with this to the best of my abilities. Her baccalaureate party was supposed to be at my house Saturday, however none of her friends have cars (LAME) and thus can't make it to my house which is about an hour from them. She was stressing (for about the 1,560, 299th time) and texted me to complain. In the midst of my stress, and my not wanting to deal with her freak-outs, I snapped. Here's the conversation:
Me: Well, I'm sorry. Find somewhere else. I don't
know. I'm too stressed about the important things in my life right now to
add your party to my list!
Sister: Well thank you. Thank you very much.
Me: (Silently raging) Don't you dare be a snotty &!^$#
to me! I'm already trying to do this party when I'm $#!^-*$$ broke as
%$#! and I have NO time-let alone you keep freaking out on me. I
don't know anyone down there anymore. I don't know any of your
friends! I've done ALL THAT I CAN DO. If you want something
different you will have to do it yourself!
Sister: Then don't %$*#*&! do it. Save your money and your time.
Me: I'm sorry, I am completely at my wits end. I just moved in,
have absolutely no money and a full time job. I don't have any resources
left. You should just go out with your friends that night.
She responded a few choice things, but I basically just left it at that and stopped responding. I'm SO not doing this stupid party now, which is good because I couldn't afford it and I doubt I'll have everything unpacked and cleaned up by then anyway. Argh! She was completely ungrateful for any of my effort! I love her, but right now I really hate her too. I'll get over it, I just need to calm down... At least before the 13th, when I have to wear my overly-expensive bridesmaids dress...
***How funny! While I was writing the above rant, my sister texted me to say she was going to a friend's house that night (one of my old friends from HS actually, who happens to know my sister's fiance!) and she invited me to come along. I'm not so mad anymore.
Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I'm a slacker, and behind on my word count. Maybe your novel includes a character who is struggling to learn both Spanish and French? Or throw random Spanish words in there, to help you get familiar with the language? :)
ReplyDeleteJust an idea, once said wedding is done take a picture of the over priced dress and put up an ad on KSL and sell it, you might only get half back but half is way better than NONE! Just an idea
ReplyDeleteYou just reminded me that I need to call my sister and thank her for being such a great help through all of my wedding stuff!! It is so easy to get caught up in our own drama, to forget about the MOH has life too and the world isn't revolving around the wedding. I have a awesome sister and I hope that I have not stressed her out, but I an see how it could happen! Hang in there!!!
ReplyDelete