I thought I'd try doing the Thursday Thirteen this week! I've known about it for a few weeks now, but haven't tried it yet, so here we go! In the spirit of Thanksgiving (which is coming up soon) I thought I'd list thirteen things I am thankful for.
I am thankful for... An apartment that I can call home, with my own bed in it and my books and a kitchen that I can cook in. It has been a long time coming, and I love it!
I am thankful for... A roommate who is also one of my very best friends in the world. He understands me and so far we live well together. He's one of the very best people I know and I'm eternally glad that he moved in with me!
I am thankful for... A group of friends that feel like family to me. I love my blood family, but my second family is fantastic also! I have surrounded myself with some of the best people in the world, and I love them so!
I am thankful for... A heart that loves openly and aches fiercely. There are times I wish I didn't fall so easily, but through it all, if I didn't fall in love with everyone and everything-I would not be me, and I am beautiful as I am!
I am thankful for... Having a job in an economy that is hard on so many. I may not always love it as much as I'd like, and I may lose it in April when Tax Season is over, but for now I have a steady paycheck.
I am thankful for... A car that runs, even if it has quite a few issues, I don't know where I would be without it. I love my car.
I am thankful for... Family that loves me and tries to help me when they can.
I am thankful for... Coffee. Is it not a gift from the Heavens? Mmmmm!
I am thankful for... My iPod. After years of wanting one, I finally got one (Thanks again to my amazing roommate Josh!) and it has been well loved. It has my music and it keeps me sane both in the office and while commuting!
I am thankful for... The ability to discern right from wrong, and for having a strong moral foundation. I was raised with strong morals, and while I do not believe the religion I was born into, I have made my own way in the world with strong morals and I live with honor and ethics.
I am thankful for... The holidays. I can't wait for Yule! I'm so excited to show people what I've made them!
I am thankful for... Coworkers I like, who make the day go by easier and who I still enjoy hanging out with after work. These people make my job more enjoyable and they truly brighten my day!
I am thankful for... My blog and the people who read it! You all have become this little online family with me, and I connect with you all so much! It really means a lot to me that you read and you leave comments, and I love to keep up with you and leave comments as well! I heart you guys!
Check out more Thursday Thirteens Here!
Those are some great things for which to be grateful. I too am extremely grateful for my iPod and my car. And I'm very excited for Yule!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
A beautiful post. Welcome to the T13 loop!
ReplyDeleteWordTrix