It's funny how you can think something about a person and be totally wrong, and when you finally see who they really are-you can't unsee it. It's there, staring you in the face making you wonder why you never saw it before. I've been wrong about people before, sometimes in little ways, sometimes in big ways. Sometimes I've even been wrong twice, which essentially made me right the first time-in which case two wrongs did make a right (so there mom).
This time though, the level of wrong I was hardly even computes. I've known this guy-we're going to call him Yoshi (I know it's a weird name, but it's kind of just become what it is-we played Mario Party the first weekend we spent together haha)-for a few years now and to be honest; I really didn't like him. I thought he was a jerk, and I spent a good amount of time avoiding him and wishing I didn't have to interact with him. Though, honestly, I hardly ever had spent any time with him, and when I did it was only a few short encounters that left me feeling the way I did.
But then, one day, we got talking. We bonded over how awful house hunting was, and then how awful dating was (I still can't tell you which is worse, house hunting or dating?) and eventually we exchanged numbers. Then we started texting. A LOT. We texted through my whole trip to Canada and when I got back we spent an entire weekend together. Turns out, he's a really nice person who I genuinely enjoyed spending time with (and he enjoyed spending time with me). We had to take a break for a bit, but it seems to be back on now and we'll see where we go. So, still with no expectations but an open mind, I'll give it a go and see what happens.
It still strikes me as funny every once in a while how wrong about him I was. If you'd have told me three months ago that I'd be spending this much time with him, and be this attracted to him, I'd have told you that you were insane. But here I am, happy that I was wrong and glad to get to know him, and it's too late to unfeel what I feel or unsee what I see now. My how the world has changed, and for the better.
This week's song:
Oh My Goodness
by Olly Murs
Oh my goodness
I can't hide it, you just smiled when you walked by me
Oh my goodness
Warning signs that no one showed me
Lost control but please don't hold me back
Gonna go for it, I hope you're ready for it all
'Cause I don't know (don't know)
If I can't stop now (if I can stop now)
I'm going too fast, heart first, my head just can't slow me down
And I don't care if you're gonna break my fall
You've got me dreaming of a life that anybody else would die for
I'm rolling downhill, no breaks, can't go back now it's too late
Oh it's too late to look away and unfeel what I feel for you
Look away and unsee what I see in you
I'm gonna go for it, I hope you're ready
'Cause I don't know (don't know)
If I can't stop now (if I can stop now)
I'm going too fast, heart first, my head just can't slow me down
And I don't care if you're gonna break my fall
You've got me dreaming of a life that anybody else would die for
(Oh baby) Anybody else would die for
First sight, I believed in first sight
No second thoughts in my mind just felt right
Oh my goodness, oh
'Cause I don't know if I can stop now
I'm going too fast, heart first, my head just can't slow me down
And I don't care if you're gonna break my fall
You've got me dreaming of a life that anybody else would die for (Anybody else would die for)
You've got me dreaming of a life that anybody else would die for
Anybody else would die for

This month's giveaway is for a $10 Amazon eGift card! You can spend it on music, books, or whatever your heart desires. If international, I will just do $10 Paypal Cash. Giveaway is open Worldwide and ends on July 1st at 12AM. Entering below agrees to all terms and conditions within the Rafflecopter.





aww congrats! i don't know which is worse dating or house hunting. They both suck
ReplyDeleteBased on the way this post started, I thought I was going to have to kick Yoshi's butt. Glad to continue to how y'all are enjoying each other's company.
ReplyDeleteAlso, really like this song; it's super-catchy.
Good luck! It will all work out!
ReplyDeleteIt is SO funny how things go. I've had a number of people that I started off seeing one way and then something shifted and I got a whole new perspective and new appreciation.
ReplyDelete(Of course, it's happened the other way too, but I'll just keep it positive today. :-) )
I really like this song, and it is okay to be wrong sometimes.
ReplyDeleteSo cute, the music :-) I believe in first sight, aww... that is cute, nice posting by the way.
ReplyDeleteI like this song!!! And I know what you mean about making mistakes about how you perceive people. It's always a pleasant surprise to find out you're wrong because the person far exceeds your expectations. The revers, though, can bite you in the butt!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting!
Haha yeah, we had to take a break but it seems we're trying it again now. Fingers crossed it works out!
ReplyDeleteBoth are pretty bad...
ReplyDeleteIt's true on both counts lol
ReplyDeleteIt really is, and I'm glad you like it!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's such a fun catchy song.
ReplyDeleteIt's true, and thank you for always stopping by!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful lyric! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteGreat website! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteYou have a really nice blog (I enjoy blogspot more than wordpress), and thank you for offering.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great song, I can't believe I hadn't heard it before!
ReplyDelete