Since I shared the Tropical Pyramid of the Muttart Conservatory last week, I figured I'd go right on to the Arid pyramid this week. Living in Utah, we see a lot of cacti because we're technically a desert, but it's always cool to see things that are even more insane than we knew of before. One of the coolest things was the Crown of Thorns cactus, I'd never even heard of that before yet it's crazy beautiful.
I feel like I'd love more cactus plants or arid plants in my home, but I'm terrible with them. I can keep tropical alive, but I think I over-water most arid plants. I still have one little Jade that's working to come back from almost dying, but that's it.
Do you have cacti in your home or area?





















Everything is so pokey!
ReplyDeleteI've got a few succulents that seem to be alive so far. It's only been a few months though, so we'll see how it goes.
So beautiful! I love all the shots you get. I think these are so pretty. I can't wait to have my own yard so I can plant flowers and plants to make it pretty.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! No cacti in the PNW. I would really like to get some succulents for my apartment, but that's as far as I'd go I think. (I definitely don't have a green thumb.)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE cacti! So beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what beautiful pictures. I wish I was around more cacti/cactus plants.
ReplyDeleteThank you! They sure are pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you! They really are.
ReplyDeleteTrue! But the PNW is great and I'd rather be there than the desert. lol
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
ReplyDeleteIt's true! I want some more succulents.
ReplyDeleteWow, great pics! I've only been to Edmonton once and did not know about this Conservatory. What a gem!
ReplyDelete