Whoa, this year is flying by! It's more than half way over now, can you believe it? Sheesh... Let's enjoy Summer while we can, shall we? It's hot hot hot here, but still beautiful.

- Take a day off from your phone/computer. No internet, no Facebook, no texting, nothing. Just go outside and enjoy time with the people you care about.
- Make a conscious effort to leave your phone at home or in the car when you're going out with people.
- Make a "phone basket" for your table. Everyone puts their phones in the baskets during dinner and they're not allowed to touch them until everyone is done. Bonus, if you go out to eat, the first person to touch their phone pays for everyone!
- Make an effort to not look at your computer/phone at least an hour prior to bedtime. This will help you sleep better.
- Have a "No TV Week" where the TV stays off all week. Instead read, play board games, talk to people, etc.
- Take up meditation.
- Start a gratitude journal and write each day one thing that you were grateful for that day.
- Start journaling of any kind, and make sure to do it each night before bed so you are fully present for that day.
- Pay attention to the small things and the environment around you. Be thankful for the little things and living for the moment -- it will enable you to cultivate more positive experiences.
Basically just take the time to actively be present in your life, and then write about it on your blog and join us!
- Write a list of ideas for "being present" in your life.
- Write about an experience you had this month (or ever) where you were fully present.
- Write about all of the things you can (or did) do when you weren't worried about your computer, phone, TV, etc.
- Share some of your journal entries.
Link up any related posts with us this month hear. Don't forget that Kenzie and I will be featuring our favorite posts at the end of the month. Check out my features from last month HERE. Don't forget to include the button with the code above. Make sure to share the things you do on Social Media and hashtag them with #12x30Challenge or #TrySomethingNew.




This is awesome - we had a pretty screen-free weekend. My husband's grandparents came through with his cousin's two kiddos (ages 8 and 4). We hadn't seen them in about 2 years, so it was a great little visit. We went swimming and had a bonfire. My oldest two (8 and 7) had so much fun. :) And all four of them doted over the baby.
ReplyDeleteI know it is hard to disconnect but I am planning on doing so next week on vacay. I am actually looking forward to it. Great list!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lovely Summer weekend!
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard to disconnect. I love camping for that reason, because you go up where you basically have no service and it's wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLove the phone basket idea!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! I'm pretty good at unplugging from stuff during the day buuuut I think my husband would like it if I were to get off Instagram when we're at home. I've been meaning to start journaling too! :D
ReplyDeleteI SO need to be better at being present!
ReplyDeletexo katie // a touch of teal
I love all these, but especially the gratitude journal. That's actually something I've been thinking about a lot lately. And the idea of unplugfing tp be more present is so important.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I've started meditating for a few weeks now. Hoping it would stay.
ReplyDeleteI love these ideas! I am starting a gratitude journal right now!!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful!:D
ReplyDeleteI am terrible at meditating, I really need to try again though...
ReplyDeleteHaha I'm plugged in all day long, it's crazy!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great? I've seen it around, and different variations-it's nice not to have to worry about it. I know if I have my phone I always default to checking it, but if I don't I forget about it.
ReplyDeleteUgh, I'm plugged in all day everyday and really need to work on being present. I've been thinking about this a lot lately so I stumbled upon this at the best time!
ReplyDelete